Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How exactly is C4R license working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vpo
Explorer
2014 Views, 5 Replies

How exactly is C4R license working

I have a few short questions to ensure that I understood correctly:

1. Do I have to buy one C4R add-on license (1000 euro, wich comes with A360 Team) for every workstation in the office in order to use the Cloud Collaboration?

2. C4R entitlement is the same thing with C4R add-on license?

3. Is there any way to use a mix between Clound and network sharing? What I mean is to work using local network with a Central file and one of the users to be able to syncronize the Central file to the cloud when is necessary. Is this possible?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MJustinTaylor
in reply to: vpo

Hi

So firstly you need to be aware that A360 Team and CRR are separate services. you can purchase a subscription (license) for A360 Team and use all the functionality apart from being able to create a Revit Cloud Model. the huge benefits of being able to access dairies, discussion boards, viewover 120 file formats without the need to download and install viewers etc. make A360 Team far superior to other FTP solutions inc the common ones like DropBox.

With a subscription to A360 Team you can also invite other people into that project as a contributor and they don't need a subscription in order to then view, upload, comment etc. on files in that project.

C4R is a separate subscription service andit comes with a subscription to A360 Team (1 user) as well - C4R needs A360 Team in order to function. With C4R anyone wishing to create and work on Revit cloud models, must have a subscription to C4R and thus A360 Team.

NOTE: you can upload a 'normal' Revit model to A360 Team, but you can't then link this into a Revit Cloud Model create in C4R.

once you have a valid subscription to C4R - purchase subscription and then add to you Autodesk profile. plus set up an A360 Hub and invite users to the project, the C4R will be active. In Revit )017 the C4R tools are built-in, but in 2016 and 15, you need to install the C4R plugin (make sure Revit is on the latest update.

If you have a Revit Cloud Model, then yes you can link in DWGs and Revit models from your local server or machine. other accessing the Cloud Model from outside you network, will not get these links though. you could always open another consultants Revit model and 'push' up as a CR4 model, then link if you wish.

Another note is that you must manage you C4R models from within Revit via the Manage A360 Models dialog. NOT from A360 Team directly.

Make sure to use the Manage A360 Models in Revit to also Publish your models, so that A360 Team see the various Versions if you waish to use the new Model Compare feature that came into A360 Team the other day.

Message 3 of 6
vpo
Explorer
in reply to: MJustinTaylor

Thank you for the quick reply, though I didn't get a valid response for the point 3. Appologise if I may not understood 

I am giving you an example:

We have 18 licenses Revit 2017 and we are already working in a Central file using local network (with links and so on...). What I was asking is if it's possible that we keep working like this, but only one user (the one with C4R license) to be able to syncronise the same Central file to the cloud in order to collaborate with our partners outside the office (partners that ofcourse have C4R and who are able to modify the model). I am not talking about the outside partners that are using only the A360 Team, with A360 Team you were very clear, I understand how is working.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
MJustinTaylor
in reply to: vpo

Hi

So firstly you need to be aware that A360 Team and CRR are separate services. you can purchase a subscription (license) for A360 Team and use all the functionality apart from being able to create a Revit Cloud Model. the huge benefits of being able to access dairies, discussion boards, viewover 120 file formats without the need to download and install viewers etc. make A360 Team far superior to other FTP solutions inc the common ones like DropBox.

With a subscription to A360 Team you can also invite other people into that project as a contributor and they don't need a subscription in order to then view, upload, comment etc. on files in that project.

C4R is a separate subscription service andit comes with a subscription to A360 Team (1 user) as well - C4R needs A360 Team in order to function. With C4R anyone wishing to create and work on Revit cloud models, must have a subscription to C4R and thus A360 Team.

NOTE: you can upload a 'normal' Revit model to A360 Team, but you can't then link this into a Revit Cloud Model create in C4R.

once you have a valid subscription to C4R - purchase subscription and then add to you Autodesk profile. plus set up an A360 Hub and invite users to the project, the C4R will be active. In Revit )017 the C4R tools are built-in, but in 2016 and 15, you need to install the C4R plugin (make sure Revit is on the latest update.

If you have a Revit Cloud Model, then yes you can link in DWGs and Revit models from your local server or machine. other accessing the Cloud Model from outside you network, will not get these links though. you could always open another consultants Revit model and 'push' up as a CR4 model, then link if you wish.

Another note is that you must manage you C4R models from within Revit via the Manage A360 Models dialog. NOT from A360 Team directly.

Make sure to use the Manage A360 Models in Revit to also Publish your models, so that A360 Team see the various Versions if you waish to use the new Model Compare feature that came into A360 Team the other day.

Justin

Message 5 of 6

Sorry for the duplication of my first reply...not sure what happened there. 

In terms of working with standard local Central Files and then one person 'pushing' this up to A360 Team as a Revit Cloud Model, I will test properly over the weekend, as this is not something I have thougherly explored before.

Whilst Revit does allow me to push a normal Central File up via CR4 to A360 Team (you will see that on the Collaborate tab, the option to Collaborate on A360 is active and Revit sees that your open file is a 'local' central file), my gut says that it may be best to save a copy of your local Central File (detached) and then push this up to the Cloud.....I just have concerns over making sure that everything is in sync. it may be me being over cautious, as the system does appear to support this workflow.

Maybe others on the forum have already tried this and can advise.

I will come back after some more testing - but good question!

Message 6 of 6
royberends
in reply to: MJustinTaylor

Has someone tested this method already?

I have the same questions about C4R, I think it is a great service, but an expansive one if we need a license for all Revit users.

Most of the time we are working together with coworkers and sometimes we need to work with C4R with our partners. It should be nice if we can still work on our network and publish to the cloud so our partners can link it in their models.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report