Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you tell where you're linked files are coming from

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dtpeter2901
385 Views, 2 Replies

How do you tell where you're linked files are coming from

Using 2019 BIM 360 Document Management I have one team that we originally had their models linked from the Project Team/Company folder instead of the consumed folder.  They've now decided that they want to use the publish and consume method.  So I've published my model and they've consumed the models and have gone back thru and used the reload from to point to their consumed folder.   However when you look in the link manager the File path doesn't seem to change.  

Is there a way to verify where that file is being loaded from? 

The file path just show that's it's on BIM360, not necessarily what folder it was in.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
catherineliu
in reply to: dtpeter2901

Unfortunately the full path of the linked cloud model is not shown inside Revit.

To make sure each team linked to their consumed folder instead of another team workspace, the Admin would need to set up folder permission correctly so that each team should not be able to access model in another team's space directly.

It's recommended that each root folder presents a team or company and only that team or company should be able to access it.
Refer to "Restrict Folders by Role or Company" in http://help.autodesk.com/view/BIM360D/ENU/?guid=GUID-2643FEEF-B48A-45A1-B354-797DAD628C37

Catherine Liu
Product Owner, Revit
Message 3 of 3
dtpeter2901
in reply to: catherineliu

I'll accept that solution, even thought it's not really a solution, but kind of a hacky work around.

Thanks You!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report