Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help importing solidworks files and converting to .RFT

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brandonbim
717 Views, 1 Reply

Help importing solidworks files and converting to .RFT

Hi My Company designs medical equipment that is fixed to buildings so we are getting requests to supply CAD files in Revit .RFT files so that the equipment can be inserted into building designs. We also want to put the files into some online BIM libraries. The Cad file we have to convert are quite large assemblies in SW (approximately 1,200 parts) so I have tried various routes to get a decent result but the conversion falls over. The best route I used is to open the SW file with Inventor and to save as a DWG file (I think) and then import using Revit to create a family. Sorry I am not an expert in the Autodesk CAD software because we use SW.

I have tried various plugins such as simple BIM (only uses IFC), convert to DWG via Sycode although I can’t get this to work with a trial licence so I can’t test this. Please don’t point me in the direction of BIMDex because this will not work either.

Can anyone help because I am pilling out my hair over this and I don’t have a lot of hair to begin with!

Spoiler

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dzanta
in reply to: brandonbim

try this:

solidworks file into inventor

inventor file exported as adsk format

open adsk file in revit as a family

use family in revit project

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report