Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Revit surface to TP3 for Machine Control

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mattH7Y6X
877 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting Revit surface to TP3 for Machine Control

Hi, I am working on the site development for a new dairy farm. I surveyed the site using GPS and created a localized coordinate system for the site. I have since taken the data and manipulated the data using REVIT 2018 and created the building pads and feed pads as well as working out the grading for the roadways. I am able to phase the project so that I can see the different quantities (cut/fill) as the surface progresses. Now that I have the surface developed, is there a way to export the Revit Surface to be compatible with our machine control used in our dozers. We have both Leica and Topcon construction software and machine control, however this is the first time the model has been developed using Revit. I can hover over the surface with the annotations, "spot coordinate" and it has an x,y,z for every point, which is exactly the information our machine control requires. Is there a way to export this information into a useable format?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: mattH7Y6X

Which file formats does the machine control software support?
Message 3 of 5
mattH7Y6X
in reply to: ToanDN

TP3
Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: mattH7Y6X

Looks like you need to export the Revit file to 2007 or older DWG first, then use a conversion tool by TopCon to convert it to TP3.

https://rplstoday.com/community/index.php?threads/216940/
Message 5 of 5
mattH7Y6X
in reply to: ToanDN

I will try that this evening on the TopCon data collector. I now have the TP3 file made.
I tried this with my leica data collector and all I ended up having to do was export the 3D view of my surface from Revit, explode the surface in AutoCAD and re-save as a DXF and import it into the data collector. Tried doing some cut fill with the rover and everything appears to be functioning. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report