Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error "Cannot acquire coordinates from a model placed multiple times."

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
6665 Views, 8 Replies

error "Cannot acquire coordinates from a model placed multiple times."

I got this error "Cannot acquire coordinates from a model placed multiple times." when I new project and try to acquire coordinate. And it stop me to acquire. 

I solve it by Open project link first and link new project into and Public coordinate instance.(It's Work!!)

I want to know what is Root course ? and How to solve it ?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Basam.Yousif
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you saying the linked model is only placed in the model once? If that is the case, you might have made a copy of it by mistake and you now have two or more. The best way to check on this is to launch the VV (VG) command and going to the Revit links tab. Expand all the links by clicking on the (+) button on the left side. If you see any link has more than one link branching out of it, that is the number of copies. See the picture I attached below.

If you are asking WHY Autodesk does not let you acquire coords from a model you have placed multiple times, then you know why. You have multiple origin points and it should be only one.

Message 3 of 9
wiltd
in reply to: Basam.Yousif

I am having the same issue and only have one instance of a link placed.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: wiltd

Hi,

I had the same issue.

I`ve realised that the model I`ve linked contained multiple `Site`-s under `Project Location`.

So I`ve opened the linked Revit file, removed all the secondary site info`s, only left one.

After saving this file I could acquire coordinates without a problem.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Revit 2018 I have the same issue as the original message above.  I only linked it once, no copies.  I tried to Acquire Coordinates & saw the same warning/error message.
This doesn't make sense, Revit is supposed to allow multiple 'Shared Site' options.
My solution was to manually edit the Project Base Point & Survey Point.
Step 1, select the Project Base point (do not press Esc key)
Step 2, 'Unclip' the paper clip in the project base point
Step 3, Manually edit the values for the coordinates
Step 4, Clip the paperclip
Repeat for Survey Point.

Message 6 of 9
apierce

This Error message is VERY misleading.

The problem is NOT that you have 2 (or more) copies of the link placed in the model. The problem is the link your picking to acquire sharded cords from has multiply site locations defined inside it and Revit cant figure out what one to acquire.

Yes Revit can have several sites and it is a great feature if you want to link the same model in at several locations, but that is a bad choice of a model to acquire shared cords from. If you can, I suggest building a model (preferable at the very start of a project) just for acquiring cords. That way it does not ever need site locations and will be a small file if you need to send it to other people.

That said if you don't get the choice (like most of us who actually have to do the work) you can open the model (detached is best) go to the manage tab and click location (Project Location area) In the dialog go to the Site tab and remove all the Sites that are not the current site. Save and reload the link and you will be able to acquire shard cords

Message 7 of 9
apierce

This Error message is VERY misleading.

The problem is NOT that you have 2 (or more) copies of the link placed in the model. The problem is the link your picking to acquire sharded cords from has multiply site locations defined inside it and Revit cant figure out what one to acquire.

Yes Revit can have several sites and it is a great feature if you want to link the same model in at several locations, but that is a bad choice of a model to acquire shared cords from. If you can, I suggest building a model (preferable at the very start of a project) just for acquiring cords. That way it does not ever need site locations and will be a small file if you need to send it to other people.

That said if you don't get the choice (like most of us who actually have to do the work) you can open the model (detached is best) go to the manage tab and click location (Project Location area) In the dialog go to the Site tab and remove all the Sites that are not the current site. Save and reload the link and you will be able to acquire shared cords

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I am having the same problem, but when going through the solutions posed here by Mr. Varnyu I found that everything was as it should be: the linked file was only placed in the host file once, and there is only one site location specified in the linked file. Does anyone have other ideas? 

Message 9 of 9
Thommy_

Hi all,

In my case you have to delete in the link file one of the sites, and after that you can link the file and acquire coordinates. 

28-01-_2020_16-45-08.png

it is described here in more detail: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Best, 

Thomas

Thomas Vogt

VDC Technology & Process Manager

EESignature

Revit®, Dynamo, BIM  |  Training und Consulting in Stuttgart

E-Mail | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | Facebook | Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report