Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element Visibility level regarded scale rate

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
k.mammadli
1979 Views, 6 Replies

Element Visibility level regarded scale rate

Hello Everyone,

I want to set a visibility detailed view of a revit model as a Map. For instance,  in scale of 1:100 i'd like to see rough view of a bed (family) in the model and in the scale of 1:50 i'd like to see the same famy type with detailed visibility view. 

Any Idea?

Thanks

Kamal

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tamas_badics
in reply to: k.mammadli

Hi Kamal, 

This is a good idea and unfortunately Revit does not have a feature for controlling visibility of elements based on view scale. I suggest you submit this idea to the Revit Ideas forum here:   https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302

Tamás Badics

Software Architect, Revit
Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

@tamas_badics

Are you serious?  This function is already there.

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 7
tamas_badics
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN

You are correct, that Revit has the Coarse/Medium/Fine Detail level options. This may be enough in many cases, and inadequate for some others. 

I understood the suggestion was to control how a particular element (family instance) is shown based on the view scale parameter of the view they are placed into. Say you could model your bed to show the pillows in scales 1:10 or finer (1:5, etc) view scale and do not show them in coarser view scales. 

Only section and elevation symbols have support for this behavior:

Capture.PNG

Tamás Badics

Software Architect, Revit
Message 5 of 7
k.mammadli
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the Guide ToanDN

i have one more question.

Is it possible to connect Family Elemets Visibility Settings to Scale? for instance if i work on the scale of 1:100 with Course and when i switch it to 1:50 and would like to change Visibilty Settings to Fine automatically.

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
k.mammadli
in reply to: tamas_badics

Thanks Tamas for your reply

Yes that is what i was saying. So i found it as well, so regarded given Family Type you can highlight as fine, medim or couse. so if you chooice fine detail so highlighted elemts will be visible and so on.

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

Not automatically.  But you can group the View organization by Scale and assign the Detail Level for all views of the same scale very quickly.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report