Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Transmit cloud model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
garry.bishop
1348 Views, 6 Replies

E-Transmit cloud model

Hello,

I am looking to provide a contractor with pdf drawings and a geometry only model. This is achievable with the e-transmit add-in, however it does not allow me to do this for cloud based work-shared models. Allowing access to published files still allows the users access to the sheets and views that are not necessary in data transfer.

Is there a way to transmit a cloud model for this purpose?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PAAIMJHCN
in reply to: garry.bishop
Message 3 of 7
n_hoffman
in reply to: PAAIMJHCN

Hi PAAIMJHCN, this link appears to have been moved as all I get is a 404 error. Is this information still available?

I am having the same issue with Revit 2023, eTransmitting cloud models produces a model that prompts the user to upgrade from 2009 or earlier, then gives the error "Failed to open document."

Message 4 of 7
Yien_Chao
in reply to: garry.bishop

e-transmit won't works with cloud model.

download a copy with links and then do e-transmit from there.

Message 5 of 7
PAAIMJHCN
in reply to: n_hoffman

Hi Nick

yeah, it seems the page is not available anymore. Unfortunately I don't think there is another way of doing it than the one mentioned before. publish the latest version, download from ACC/BIM 360, and E-transmit from there 😞

Message 6 of 7

Hi @garry.bishop 

I agree with @Yien_Chao

Please check this link and follow the steps:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/eTransmit-fails-on...

(It says 2020 but should work for later versions as well) 

If this works, please mark this as a solution so that others can quickly locate it. Thank you. 

Symetri Logo

Prateek Chitnis

Strategic Implementation Manager | AECO (Buildings)

facebooktwitterInstagrampm

Message 7 of 7
Yien_Chao
in reply to: ChitnisPrateek

hi,

what i meant, was the e-transmit not doing proper purge when using ACC models directly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report