Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitor Setup for Revit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
!Dalton_Goodwin!
935 Views, 4 Replies

Dual Monitor Setup for Revit

Dual monitors?  Revit 2016

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Should be fine, it all depoends on your graphics card and the size and resolution of your monitors.

The lkimiting factor is the graphics card, not Revit.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 5

Revit works fine on a single monitor in a multi monitor situation.  You can undock and relocate the properties window, system browsers, etc... to the other screens.  However you cannot open and relocate views to another screen which I believe is the question like you can do with other design tools.

Message 4 of 5

What I usually do, is I minimize the main window, then stretch it across the 2 monitors and then arrange my plans in one screen and the elevations or 3D in the other. Is a workaround to not being able to take views out of the main window. It's a hassle to have to do it every day, but it works. Only takes a min to do it anyways. Hopefully Revit becomes more user friendly in this regard. 

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the info. 2019 Revit has multi monitor functionality now for the views. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report