Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Publishing a Model Bring Updated Links?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wsmarzewski
527 Views, 2 Replies

Does Publishing a Model Bring Updated Links?

Hi All, 

I can't seem to find a direct answer to this elsewhere. We have a project that has 2 architectural models and a bunch of C4R linked consultant models. My question is if I publish one of my arch models and download that from the Team Hub will the links that brings with be current as of that publish date? Otherwise, we end up publishing/downloading each model and and all the links. Since they are all interlinked, this ends up being like a gigabyte download per file. This is how we share models with subs that are not in C4R.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
andybrack
in reply to: wsmarzewski

No.  If you need all the latest models, publish all of them using the button in Revit (Collaborate tab --> Manage Cloud Models --> Publish latest).  Once all files have transferred to the A360 page, then you can download a .zip file which contains all the newly published models.

If you only publish one model, when you download from A360, you will only get the latest published model.  In your case your arch model would be current, but the consultant models would be out of date. You will end up downloading the 1 GB of date either way. I haven't figured out a way to download just a single model, other than opening it in Revit and saving a copy locally which I then close and re-open using the detach from central checkbox.

Sincerely,

Andy Brack

BIM Manager

Delawie

Message 3 of 3
wsmarzewski
in reply to: andybrack

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. as unfortunate as it is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report