Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in Revit Worksharing between Commercial and Student Licenses - Request for Details

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mr__MMM
317 Views, 3 Replies

Differences in Revit Worksharing between Commercial and Student Licenses - Request for Details

Hello everyone!

I'm seeking clarity on the differences in Revit Worksharing between commercial licenses and student licenses, focusing on the 2021 version of Revit. Currently, I'm evaluating the option to migrate to BIM Collaborate Pro subscriptions for my team.

I understand that commercial licenses are optimal for Revit Worksharing, while student licenses may have limitations. Can anyone provide more details or share specific experiences in this context? What are the exact differences between both licenses regarding Revit Worksharing?

Thanks in advance for your help and knowledge!

Regards,

Mr. MMM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sureshchotrani
in reply to: Mr__MMM

Hi,

I read Autodesk support article - https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-to-make-B...

In case you have student version, then it will have all features I haven't seen in any of the student available software having lesser features like for Revit, AutoCAD, etc. 

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
Message 3 of 4
RSomppi1

Unless things have changed, student licenses cannot do do cloud collaboration.

Message 4 of 4
Mr__MMM

Hi @RSomppi1 and @sureshchotrani,

I currently have two accounts, one commercial and one student. And in relation to the trial version of BIM Collaborate Pro, at least, in both cases the use of Workshared Cloud Models works without problems. However, the use of Cloud-Based Models is not available for the trial for both commercial and student accounts. All of the above in a study context.

As for the use of printing, I did not make a comparison in both cases. It may be that using the student account a watermark is applied.

Greetings,

Mr. mmm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report