Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop connector version 16

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lm4
Advocate
557 Views, 6 Replies

Desktop connector version 16

Hi everyone, i have installed the new version 16 for Autodesk Desktop connector, and i keep getting errors in red saying Update file Failed: You don t have access to this resource. For example you might not have access to a file......etc" and i can see a long list of the links that we have in our models with this message. This has prevented me to load those links without revit crashing. Does anyone know why? this new version 16 seems way come complex that version 15 which ran smoothly..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
giuseppeschifone
in reply to: lm4

I have the same issue. Do you have a solution?

Message 3 of 7
lm4
Advocate

nope, we just downgraded back to version 15 because it was just ridiculous how many issues we had with this new version and links

Message 4 of 7
jmelodyJLDDY

Do you know how your organization downgraded it back to version 15? I am in the same situation now and I really wish I didn't upgrade.

Message 5 of 7
RSomppi1

A number of the recent updates required uninstalling the old version with the new version being a completely new install. A couple of these also required deleting local copies of the shared files and/or reselecting the list of projects, etc. If these steps were not followed completely by everyone on the team, there will be issues. We have been using the most current version all along without any issues but we are not using it extensively.

Message 6 of 7
jmelodyJLDDY
in reply to: RSomppi1

Thanks for the reply. How did you figure out that those steps were required? I have yet to find anything from Autodesk outlining how to go about updating this, and I am hesitant to start deleting stuff. 

Message 7 of 7
RSomppi1
in reply to: jmelodyJLDDY

Those steps were outlined in the installation process and, yes, I would not just go deleting stuff if you are not sure. Get guidance from your supervisor and make sure you have back-ups, JIC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report