Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Connector - "Warning: Failure gathering references."

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
JADAstudio
3095 Views, 10 Replies

Desktop Connector - "Warning: Failure gathering references."

Every time I copy a DWG file into a cloud folder via Autodesk Desktop Connector (ADC) I get a Windows 10 notification that says:

Warning: Failure gathering references. The referenced files(s) may have been deleted or you may not have read permissions.

The files seem to copy just fine, and I can see / link / use them without issue in Revit. I get the error notification only with DWG files, nothing else. And I've seen this error since the very first day I started using ADC. It doesn't seem to be impacting my work but I'd love to have fewer errors in my life.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix / workaround?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sasha.crotty
in reply to: JADAstudio

Hi Chris,

Looks like this is caused by a reference to a "txt" font in your DWG. Shouldn't cause any issues, but we'll look into fixing the error messaging.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Message 3 of 11
JADAstudio
in reply to: sasha.crotty

Good news. Thanks, Sasha.

Message 4 of 11

Still getting this error a year later, does not seem fixed.

Message 5 of 11

@sarsenaultbrassard wrote:

Still getting this error a year later, does not seem fixed.

"...we'll look into fixing..." - Autodesk   

Yea, ok. Holding my breath.

I'm getting the same message. 

Message 6 of 11
colin.mccrone
in reply to: mark.perry

Hi Mark, the fix for the issue reported here (at least for these reported circumstances) was published in October 2018, not long after this original post. If your Desktop Connector version is more recent than that, could you say more about how you ran into this error message in case this is a different issue? Thanks, Colin

Message 7 of 11
rick.kremer
in reply to: colin.mccrone

Bump... We have a customer that is experiencing the same issue.Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.10.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.19.08 AM.png

Message 8 of 11

Still this issue in the latest release (September 30 release (v.14.3.0.1087):  http://help.autodesk.com/view/CONNECT/ENU/?guid=GUID-03D59AAD-65B0-45E3-84F2-A12AAA5BB267.

Autodesk advises to use the previous release (August 11, 2020 (v. 14.1.0.1074) also has the same issue....

Please fix it!

Message 9 of 11
massarj

Having this issue with a user who is running 14.6.0.1242

Message 10 of 11
massarj

The one additional thing to add to that is it is actually multiple users but they have dwgs linked from a local drive instead of from B360. 😠 

Message 11 of 11
Olga-L

For me it helped when I've promoted the referenced surface

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report