Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Application Error

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
4335 Views, 14 Replies

DB Application Error

Hi All, 

I have been tasked with exploring the use of A360 Collaboration for Revit.  I have Revit 2016 Build: 16.0.1108.0 (20160126_1600 (x64)) and installed Autodesk_Collaboration_v4_for_Revit_2016.  Installation seemed to go smoothly, however upon starting Revit, I get the following error message... (see attached image screen grab).  Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 2016-02-08_Revit_C4R_error.png

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bill,

Looks like it's for some reason is not able to load the Mircosoft.Unity dll's, either they didn't get installed property or didn't get configured correctly in Revit.exe.config (have you by any chance done changes to this file?)

Could you check if you have "Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll" (130kb) and "Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.dll" (85kb) in the Revit program folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2016)?

Could you also check the version of those dll's - R-Click on the file and select "Properties" and select the "Details"-tab in the properties dialog

both dll's should be version 3.5.1404.0.

If these look ok, could you post your Revit.exe.config file here, and I will take a look to make sure it's correct.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: lars-ake.johansson

Hi Lars,

Yes both "Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll" (130kb) and "Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.dll" (85kb) are present and are of version 3.5.1404.0

Please find attached my Revit.exe.config file. (oops spoke to soon - The file Revit.exe.config does not have a valid extension for an attachment and was removed).  

many thanks with your assistance on this

Message 4 of 15
matthew_taylor

Hello,

I have the same issue with Revit 2015 (UR11), and Collab v9a (15.0.1225.0).

The only modification I have made to revit.exe.config is adding useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy info to startup. (This is so I can debug macros. See attached. Reversing the useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy modification doesn't seem to help.)

Please let me know the fix as it becomes available.

Thanks,

-Matt

Cheers,

-Matt

Hi Bill,

There were a bunch of wierd configrations in your .config-file...... 

I have a suspicion (in both your case and Matt's) that this file was changed after the first install of Revt and due to that it wasn't updated when you installed the update releases ?

Bill, try the attached .config file, made a bunch of changes to it - they are all commented in the file (comments ending in '- LAJ')

There was one setting that I was unsure about - 'gcAllowVeryLargeObjects' - so I commeted that uot. If you need it back just remove the '<--' and '-->' lines above and below it.

Matt: I will try to fix your file as well and will post it here sometime today (yours is even more messed up 😉 )

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 6 of 15

Hi Matt,

Attached is a fixed .config file.

Same as in Bill's case above, I marked all chages with '- LAJ' in the comment line.

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 15

Attached you can find the correct files for Revit 2015 and 2016 as they should look without any changes....

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 8 of 15

Hi Lars-Ake,

Thanks, worked like a treat! (I had to make one minor edit - remove the top '</assemblyBinding>' item.)

Now I can access Revit Server, and there are zero errors on startup. 🙂

Thanks for your kind and prompt help.

-Matt

Cheers,

-Matt

Hi Lars-Ake,

that did the trick... no more errors.  Thanks heaps

Message 10 of 15
damian

Hi Lars-Ake,

I wonder if you could help me with a very similar problem.

I updated Revit 2016 (BDSP) today using the Autodesk Desktop App. After it asked me to insert the 2016 BDSP USB stick it reported that the update was installed successfully.

However, opening Revit 2016 I got this message:

Revit DB Error.JPG

I have checked both Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll (130kb) and Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.dll and they are in my Revit folder (D:\AutoDesk BDSP 2016\Revit 2016).

Also, they are both version 3.5.1404.0

Note that I've installed Revit on my D Drive.

I would be very grateful if you were to be able to assist me too. I've attached my Revit.exe.Config file.

With regards

Damian

Message 11 of 15
damian
in reply to: damian

Sorry, I'm being a bit of an idiot.

2016 is working OK!

When I updated Revit 2016 via the Autodesk Desktop App it moved my Revit 2016 icon. So when I clicked on what I thought was Revit 2016 it was actually Revit 2015. So I've the got the problem with 2015.

Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll (130kb) and Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.dll and they are in my Revit folder, this time on my C drive (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2015) and I've confirmed both are version 3.5.1404.0

My 2015 Revit.exe.Config file is attached, and apologies for my error.

Damian

Message 12 of 15
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: damian

Hi Damain,

Attached is a fixed (hopefully) file.

I took a correct file and copied in the settings that looks like they are related to your other addin's (NBS and WS).

If this is not working, take the correct .config file for Revit 2105 (posed earlier in this thread) and reinstall those addins.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 13 of 15
rcross

Hi Lars,

I'm having the same issue with my Revit 2016.

Refer to attached "Revit.exe.config.txt" file.

Thanking you in advance.

Rob

Message 14 of 15
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: rcross

Fixed .config attached.

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 15 of 15
rcross

Thanks Lars

That worked.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators