Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in File is corrupt error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
peter.shupe
561 Views, 5 Replies

Data in File is corrupt error

A user is having this problem on one computer only.  They get this error when trying to open a A360 Collaboration for REVIT project file.  They are using REVIT 2015 update 9, cleaned up temp folder, has a lot of space on C:\.  The computer was able to open this file without issue prior.

They have tried removing and reinstalling C4R without success.  This user has logged in on a different machine and has no problem.

A couple of questions. -  How would I delete the local file and use the central file to create a new local on this machine?  Also this seems like it may be a computer problem and possibly not related to REVIT, or C4R at all.  Are there tips for doing something to the offending machine that may help?

ie - turning off virus protection,windows updates etc etc?  Thank you in advance for any suggestions.  They are most welcome.

Regards Peter.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

This is the first I've heard of a local instance of an RVT getting corrupted in this way.  Assuming you are using Revit 2016, the local RVT data is located at "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2016\CollaborationCache".  If you're using 2015, just change the number in the path.  Inm all likelyhood, deleting the locally cached RVT file should fix the issue.

The easiest thing you can do is just delete everything, but that will result in a "cold load" as the entire model contents are downloaded the first time a C4R model is opened afterwards.  If you want to be more precise, upload a Journal file from a Revit session that experiences the error and we can give you specific file name to delete.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks Kyle - yes as I posted it is 2015.  So when you say delete everything, you mean everything in the Collaboration cache?  That shouldn't be a problem as they cannot use that machine, as it is, for this project, so waiting a while to do the "cold load" would be fine.  I will check to see if this solved the problem and if not, I will post the journal file.  Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

Message 4 of 6

@peter.shupe wrote:

Thanks Kyle - yes as I posted it is 2015.  So when you say delete everything, you mean everything in the Collaboration cache?  That shouldn't be a problem as they cannot use that machine, as it is, for this project, so waiting a while to do the "cold load" would be fine.  I will check to see if this solved the problem and if not, I will post the journal file.  Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

Correct.  Delete the files in that folder, and they'll be rebuilt on the next load.  Will likely take a while to load the next time, but the corruption should be resolved.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Hi Kyle,

A co-worker of mine is having the exact same issue.  Is it the "Journals" folder that should be emptied, or the "Collaboration Cache" folder.  And depending on which one it is, should the folder itself be deleted or just the contents inside?

Thank you,

Mike

Message 6 of 6

Hi Mike,

Delete the contents of the CollaborationCache folder.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report