Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Jacob.Riley
407 Views, 6 Replies

coruption

When we create a workshare file and the other person gets into the file one of us is sheet metal and the other is piping and plumbing the file ends up getting corrupted. Can anyone tell me why this may be.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Kelsey.S
in reply to: Jacob.Riley

Hi @Jacob.Riley,

Can you explain in a more detail the exact and specific workflow? Also, when you say the files get corrupted, which file shows signs of corruption? Do you receive and error message, are you unable to open the model, what exactly occurs?

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kelsey Skaug
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 3 of 7
Kelsey.S

Hi @Jacob.Riley,

I am just checking back to see if you got your question answered or if you are able to provide the additional info requested.

Thank you!

Kelsey Skaug
Message 4 of 7
Jacob.Riley
in reply to: Kelsey.S

Sorry I did not get notified that the question had responses.

No, the file will not open it loads to about 50% then revit goes back to start screen in 2019.1 but if in 2019 it shuts down.

Message: An unrecoverable error has occurred. The program will now be terminated. All of your data has been recently saved, so there is no need to create recovery files.

Also when opening the file in navisworks the message states, Cant load Filename.rvt because of an internal error.

Message 5 of 7
Kelsey.S

Hi @Jacob.Riley,

No problem. So, I would recommend that all working in the model remain on the latest build. Note this is 2019.1 not 2019.0.1. See: How to tie the Build number with the Revit update and Where to get Product Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements).

Also, it would be helpful to clear your user temp directory. Revit uses this directory and when it gets too bloated, Revit performance can be impacted or other unexpected behaviors.  So first close Revit and your other applications. Then in Windows File Explorer, type %TEMP% for the path. Select all and delete. SKIP any files that Windows doesn't want to delete.

Is this occurring on more than one machine?

It would be helpful to review the following article as it may lead to a solution for you: Error: "An unrecoverable error has occurred" when using Revit

The Revit file needs to be exported to NWC. Next the NWC file is opened from within Navisworks. Here is the link to the workflow. See: To Export NWC Files from Revit 

The following article relates to this workflow and reviews the most likely cause of the Navisworks error. See: Can't load file name because of an internal error displayed while opening Revit rvt file in Naviswor...

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Likes welcome!

Kelsey Skaug
Message 6 of 7
Jacob.Riley
in reply to: Kelsey.S

All users are using the same build. This seems to happen usually when i open the central file as local we havent experienced it with any others. As far as the navisworks it works until this happens without exporting as nwc first just loading the .rvt file into navis. Having to export an nwc each time you make a change to see what it effected or if fixed the issue is a pain due to have to delete the old nwc then create nwc to overwrite old one then load back into file.

Message 7 of 7
Kelsey.S

Hi @Jacob.Riley,

It would be good to check if there is corrupt families causing the issue. The following article shows journal entries to look for and the process for clearing a corrupt family. 

See: Unrecoverable or Fatal error when opening/saving/synching a Revit model 

The default path for Revit 2019 would be:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2019\Journals

If that doesn't lead to a solution, it would be good to review the following article relating to the error. See: Revit: Unrecoverable error

I might also recommend posting the Navisworks issue on the Navisworks Forum

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Likes welcome.

Kelsey Skaug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report