Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Monitor Mechanical Items

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
NQ_GCE
309 Views, 5 Replies

Copy/Monitor Mechanical Items

Hi Team,

Can anybody advise me as to why, when I copy/monitor a pipe within the Architects model, it doesn't copy the exact extent of the pipe.

Please see attached image which shows the architects pipes in 3D model, shown in red, and a couple of pipes I have copied/monitored below in black..

shouldn't these overlay?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kadmonkee
in reply to: NQ_GCE

if , after you copy monitor the pipes from the Architects model you turn off the Architects Pipes through the link.

are they masking each other out?

are you also copy monitoring levels and grids from the Arch Model to align your views?

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 6
NQ_GCE
in reply to: kadmonkee

Many thanks for your response @kadmonkee

Have no issue copying of monitoring from the Arch model with regards to Levels and Grid...

The pipes are not masking over the arch's layout, as you can see from the image, the red pipe are the arch's which extend from ground floor to roof. however, you can also see the black pipe which I have copied into my model and only go from basement to ground floor..

Message 4 of 6
kadmonkee

it seems as the pipes are not being fully copy monitored from all levels

are all the pipes in the Architectural model connected  top to bottom?

if you do a TAB select can you copy monitor the full connected system?

If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 5 of 6
NQ_GCE
in reply to: kadmonkee

@kadmonkee

Correct the pipes are from ground floor to roof and not ground floor to first floor and second floor to third floor, etc...

When I try to copy them and select each one, as I click on one the pipe highlights in blue and then adds a pipe under, as seen in previous image.

Message 6 of 6
kadmonkee

are you copy monitoringfrom a plan view or an elevation / Section view?

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report