Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Monitor Levels work-around for Revit LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
minusculelighting
740 Views, 3 Replies

Copy/Monitor Levels work-around for Revit LT

Hello,

I just discovered that there's no way to copy/monitor in Revit LT.  So is the work-around to just create my own levels in my model at the same height as the linked model I'm working with?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DanFaba
in reply to: minusculelighting

Hello,

In regards to this topic, there is an article in Salesforce that mentions how this function works in regards to Revit LT.

You can review the article in the link below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Revi...

This should clarify the interaction between copy monitor and Revit LT.

Dan Faba
Autodesk Revit Technical Support
Message 3 of 4
minusculelighting
in reply to: DanFaba

Thanks for the link, I understand that Copy/Monitor is not available in Revit LT.

So per my original question, the workaround is just to create my own levels and rooms from scratch?

I understand that Revit LT is intended to support small firms that don't need worksharing, but even small firms have to work with linked files.  Seems like this feature could have been included in LT without blurring the lines between the two products.

P.S. you said "an article in Salesforce" but the link is to the Revit Help File?

Message 4 of 4
DanFaba
in reply to: minusculelighting

Many of our articles redirect to the Autodesk Help File for the supported product it refers to, which is completely normal, as the Help File is part of the Autodesk knowledge Network (AKN).

These links provide us with much information that we can give to you, to answer your inquiries. And yes, in regards to Revit LT, it is best to create your own levels and rooms.

You may also suggest the implementation of Copy/Monitor for Revit LT in the page of Revit Ideas

http://www.autodesk.com/revitideas

Dan Faba
Autodesk Revit Technical Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report