Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Monitor fixtures come in at wrong elevation and misaligned

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hoelkejm
1079 Views, 5 Replies

Copy/Monitor fixtures come in at wrong elevation and misaligned

Hey, 

I am interning at a firm with mechanical and architectural divisions and trying to utilize the copy/monitor coordination command. The architects have lighting fixtures in their model, which is correctly linked and pinned into the MEP model, but when I copy/monitor and select all of the fixtures they snap to level 1 and are moved 2 feet off of the correct location. The lighting fixtures in the architects model are hosted by the ceiling, so that may be an issue but I can't find any solution for that. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: hoelkejm

Did you copy monitor the Levels first?
Message 3 of 6
hoelkejm
in reply to: ToanDN

I would assume that no the levels have not been copy monitored yet. That should explain the height problem, but not the misalignent.
Message 4 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: hoelkejm

Do you use shared coordinates among the models?  If not, can you acquire the shared coordinates from the link and copy monitor them again see if it helps?

Message 5 of 6
hoelkejm

the coordinates are shared between the model. I copy/monitored the levels but they lights still attach to the lower level and not the level of the lights.
Message 6 of 6
hoelkejm

After testing different solutions over and over, it seems that for some reason the copy monitored light fixtures only want to recognize level 1. So other levels of the different ceiling heights seem to be obsolete. But the lights do recognize if the fixture is offset from Level 1. So works as a solution but would be easier if the levels worked. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report