Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Revit Workstation (2013, 2014 and 2015) to Revit Server 2016 (all roles)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fnijmeijer
279 Views, 4 Replies

Connect Revit Workstation (2013, 2014 and 2015) to Revit Server 2016 (all roles)

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to connect a Revit Workstation (version 2013, 2014 and 2015) to a Revit 2016 Server (all the roles installed)?

When we try to make a connection (Accelerator connection within the "Collaborate" tab") we get an error message (no connection could be established)

If we do the same with a Workstation where version 2016 is installed everything went well.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Frank 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dzanta
in reply to: fnijmeijer

did you check your rsn.ini configuration file on the workstation to show a list of revit server accelerators to see?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 5
fnijmeijer
in reply to: dzanta

Hello,

Yes we put the RSN.ini into the config folder with all the Servers in the list.

Best Regards,

Frank

Message 4 of 5
dzanta
in reply to: fnijmeijer

from what I can test with Revit Server 2015 and 2016 and Revit 2015 and 2016 on the workstations, each revit server version is meant for that same version revit workstation.  In other words, I cannot use Revit 2015 workstation software to access and use a Revit Server 2016 central model and vice versa.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 5
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: dzanta

HI,

Note that it is possible to install different versions of the Revit Server on the same system.

Important: Regardless of whether you install Revit Server 2016 before or after an older version, to prevent data loss or corruption, it is essential that there be separate, version-specific Cache and Projects root directories, log files, and program files.

Please refere to the following pages:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/...

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report