Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicator for Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vaughn
781 Views, 4 Replies

Communicator for Revit

Some recent updates to my Revit software have installed communicator for revit which now opens up every time i start Revit.

I have a number of problems with this. When Revit starts all is fine; then part way through communicator opens and I loose the icons on the top bar in Revit (save, undo, thin lines etc) not the ribbon but the small icons on the top. I have closed and re-started Revit several times and these icons load initially and then disappear as soon as communicator opens. So thats a pain!!

Secondly I can not access any settings in the communicator to turn it off. despite being logged intomy A360 account in revit communicator is not logged in and i just have a retry button. not very helpful. So I am stuck. 

Help please!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dzanta
in reply to: vaughn

Sounds like the A360 C4R installation did not take properly.

Do the following:

1.  Reset Revit UI to see if it fixes the problem.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

2.  If resetting does not work, uninstall A360 C4R via control panel

3.  Reinstall A360 C4R by downloading it (not sure which version you are running.  Do a search for "A360 Collaboration for Revit download" within Google and you will get to a page to download the 2015, 2016 and hopefully 2017 version.

4.  See if the reinstallation worked...if not, try again

5.  Use Autodesk Desktop App to see if downloading/installing from there helps

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 5
vaughn
in reply to: dzanta

Hi,

Tried all of this and still no joy. This is on my laptop at home so i will try do post a screen shot tonight.

Message 4 of 5
dzanta
in reply to: vaughn

when you reinstalled, did it give you any error messages or log files?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 5
vaughn
in reply to: dzanta

ok, wasted a couple of hours of my life on this today.

The issue of the missing quick access toolbar has been solved by uninstalling Dynamo 0.9.1. Found this solution on another forum so thanks due there.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture/quick-access-toolbar-invisible-in-windows-10/m-p/63...

The ability to not be able to log into collaboration persits but then I never had it and so am not missing it!!

come on Autodesk test your software before release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators