Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaboration for Revit Slow Sync Times

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1179 Views, 6 Replies

Collaboration for Revit Slow Sync Times

I'm completely new to Collaborate for Revit. We have an issue with our opening and sync times being over 30 mins. Which is unacceptable. Our IT guys say there is no issue with our bandwidth our anything like that. What are some common issues that may be contributing to the long sync times? Any specific things to look for?

Also, this project is not run by us. The architect is running the project through C4R. Are there some questions I should ask them regarding the slow sync times?

Thakns.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

It's been a while and I wanted to follow up on your issue.

It this issue specific to particular workstations and users?

• There can be many causes, but it is important to first check the overall configuration and installation of the tools and resources needed to fulfill the communication loop for BIM360 Team>C4R>Revit and that they are writing to the local system correctly.
  • It is also good to check the health dashboard to verify the stability of the C4R platform.
  • Also, verify that the Revit accelerator process is not disabled in the windows startup options within task manager.  If this is disabled (not visible in the running processes), it will not download the C4R delta files and it will not be creating the PacCache folder for collaboration file access and use on the local.  If the PacCache folder is not listed under your local user, this is another good indication the process is not running, nor communicating effectively with BIM360 Team>C4R>Revit.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Thank you for the information. I will utilize these tips if the problem persists. I reinstalled the software on the computers having the issue and it seems to have helped the issue for the time being.

Message 4 of 7
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

That's good to know! 

Let me know if you have additional questions. Happy to help!

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

We are having even worse sync times with C4R now. Its getting very frustrating. Is the Revit Server Accelerator the same as the Personal Accelerator for Revit? The Personal Accelerator seems to be working fine for everyone. We do not have a Revit Server Accelerator.

Any other suggestions? Waiting an hour plus is really not acceptable. 

Message 6 of 7
Secttor

hi @Anonymous

Have you checked options for worksharing ?

Capture.JPG

Revit MEP - Electrical Certified Professional
Revit MEP - Mechanical Certified Professional

Draftworks.wordpress.com
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Secttor

This will effect the sync times?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report