Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open, sync

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
hhbim
544 Views, 11 Replies

Can't open, sync

We're currently experiencing an C4R outage...Please help!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
hhbim
in reply to: hhbim

ADSK - You have got to get this figured out. Fast.

This has been happening much too frequently.

Feel free to contact me for more info.

thanks,

-md

Message 3 of 12
EKey

See the server status on the Health Dashboard.

If you want to receive the service status updates you can subscribe there. It can prevent some your problems in case of the service performance degradation.

Message 4 of 12
hhbim
in reply to: EKey

even though, as i type, the dashboard says "Currently working as expected" but none of us at our office can open any of our models on C4R. what usually takes about 3min to open our 'central', after 40min, still hasn't opened.

Message 5 of 12
chubbard

@mduran wrote:

even though, as i type, the dashboard says "Currently working as expected" but none of us at our office can open any of our models on C4R. what usually takes about 3min to open our 'central', after 40min, still hasn't opened.

mduran

See this thread I started a few weeks ago about the C4R and A360 outages. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-collaboration-forum/a360-status/m-p/6635259#M3371

Yes this is happening way to often and I am really not sure what is going on. We have been on C4R for over a year now and the non scheduled outages prior to about August were almost non-existent.  Since then they have been at least weekly, and in the past two weeks more than 50% of the days have an outage or degradation. 

Also the long delay between when the service goes out and when the dashboard is unacceptable.  In my post Kyle B admits the dashboard was not updated properly and would not happen again. Only it has happened at least 4 times since that post so not much faith there. 

For a while I was actually filing support requests every time it went down hoping to get someone's attention over there.  but I finally gave up since the problem actually got worse in Sept.

It would be great if ADESK would actually respond and let the user base know what is going on and when they expect to have a handle on it. So far I have really heard nothing from the team on what or why this is happening so frequently.

Message 6 of 12
hhbim
in reply to: chubbard

thanks for the info. likewise, we've been on the service for about year now and experienced similar up-time issues as you described. Since Aug 2016 it seems at though the up-time/availability has been degrading. and not sure why. Prior to around Aug 2016, everything was awesome. was the reason for the degraded service a result of some change on AWS?, on the back-end of C4R? A360? . Does anyone know if there's a Service Level Agreement (SLA) "as specifically identified" for the C4R service itself?, that can address up-time?

we're still believers in the service and are rooting for it to get back on track sooner rather than later. we also believe as paying customers, we deserve to hear from ADSK as to what's happening, what's not happening (and why it's not), and what are the steps being taken to ensure continued progress, growth. that's all.

...onward and upwards!

Message 7 of 12
chubbard

@mduran wrote:

thanks for the info. likewise, we've been on the service for about year now and experienced similar up-time issues as you described. Since Aug 2016 it seems at though the up-time/availability has been degrading. and not sure why. Prior to around Aug 2016, everything was awesome. was the reason for the degraded service a result of some change on AWS?, on the back-end of C4R? A360? . Does anyone know if there's a Service Level Agreement (SLA) "as specifically identified" for the C4R service itself?, that can address up-time?

we're still believers in the service and are rooting for it to get back on track sooner rather than later. we also believe as paying customers, we deserve to hear from ADSK as to what's happening, what's not happening (and why it's not), and what are the steps being taken to ensure continued progress, growth. that's all.

...onward and upwards!

Yes I agree. Have not canceled my subscription yet. But certainly am contemplating it.

I have not found any SLA for A360 or C4R.  Just how to pay for it. I will do some more digging this week and see if there is anything. 

BTW there will not be response from ADESK this week as they are all at AU

Message 8 of 12
hhbim

i found C4R is listed here; 

http://www.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/terms-of-service-autodesk360-web-services

but it's sounds somewhat vague...

I'll be at AU too and I would love an opportunity to talk to someone about his 🙂

Message 9 of 12
chubbard

I had looked at that at one point and saw this reference.  What I have been unable to find is IF there is an SLA for C4R or not.  The if any probably means no.

Our other major cloud services from large software companies comes with a 99.9 SLA based on 24hr operation.  It only really gives them an hour or so of downtime.  It has happened in the past but its been a while.  We were able to recover our subscription fee on that.  Nowhere near the actual cost of being down for hours, but certainly an incentive to keep the service up.  As I understand since the entire cloud was down for that period the company did not get any revenue for the month.

Autodesk does not make any representations or guarantees related to uptime or availability of the Service Offering except as specifically identified in the applicable SLA, if any.

So probably since they don't have to keep the service up they don't need to respond to this.  Till we all leave and they service stagnates nothing will probably happen. 

That does sound pessimistic, but I am still holding out hope for some resolution.

Message 10 of 12
EKey

How long the GMail service was in beta mode? Five, eight years? Now it is
"graduated". Probably we should consider A360 service as it is in the beta
stage and don't expect more? In a few years we will have a mature product.
😉
Message 11 of 12
EKey

😉
Message 12 of 12
chubbard
in reply to: EKey

@EKey wrote:
😉

Not sure what you mean by that? Was gmail really in Beta for 8 years? Did Google inform people it was Beta? If so fine.

ADESK did an Alpha and Beta for C4R and released it two years ago at AU.  No indication of continuation of Beta. 

Plus Gmail is free or nearly so.  Expectations of an uptime agreement for a free or ad supported service is a stretch. For a $100/m/user in a tool that is mission critical I expect better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report