Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cad Linked files

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jlambert
527 Views, 10 Replies

Cad Linked files

I have a project that has only a few revit files and most of the main ones are cad files. When syncing and going into bim 360 team on a tablet or other device were team members can see the model or drawing. You canot see the sheets because of the cadfiles or other files are noot in Bim 360 team. How ould I go about getting this to work so as I update and sync everyone sees the changes.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi Jeromy,

Thanks for posting your question and welcome to the forum.   When you say syncing, how are you doing this to Team?  Are you using Revit Collaboration and it is uploading your files?   

If you are uploading through a browser, you want to first make sure all the linked files resolve to a single location, and then upload them as an assembly.  Also remember to select the parent file for the upload.   

Let us know more about what you mean by syncing and how you are uploading the files as well. 

Thanks for posting and again welcome to the forums.  

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 11

Ok that what I did well I think I did. My problem is when you go to team on the I pad you cannot open sheets that are created from revit in the assets it shows that there are 3 but they say that it cannot find the links to the cad files that are the backgrounds. Is there a different way to do this. What I did was made one folder for everything I am using in the model and then uploaded that file. Do I need to put the links in like drop box or something of that sort so it can find it. I attached a creenshot of what I get.

Message 4 of 11

Ok that what I did well I think I did. My problem is when you go to team on the I pad you cannot open sheets that are created from revit in the assets it shows that there are 3 but they say that it cannot find the links to the cad files that are the backgrounds. Is there a different way to do this. What I did was made one folder for everything I am using in the model and then uploaded that file. Do I need to put the links in like drop box or something of that sort so it can find it. I attached a creenshot of what I get.

Message 5 of 11

Hi Jeromy,

Thanks for the update.  It's not just copying the files to a folder, they need to resolve to that folder. You can use eTransmit for Revit to do this. Then upload the files as an assembly. Verify that all the sheets work on the WEB, then try it on your iPAD. 

eTransmit for Revit:

Hope this helps and please let us know how it goes.  

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 11

Ok I will give that a try thanks.

Message 7 of 11

After this is done when I go to publish from revit and sync it will update this file correct.

Message 8 of 11
jlambert
in reply to: jlambert

Ok so I have used etransmit. But On the I pad I have another error to view assets. removed some elements to resolve issues encountered during upgrade. Please note that revit file may not view as expected. For best results, open the file in Revit, resolve warnings, resave and try again. I went in and fixed the element warnings in Revit saved and published but still nothing has happend and doesn't show that I have updated on the Ipad or on the website under activity's. Do I need to make another etransmit again.

Message 9 of 11

Hi Jeromy,

Are you by any chance using Revit Collaboration? I ask because you mention Publish.

"After this is done when I go to publish from revit and sync it will update this file correct."

Let me know if that is the case and we can move this over to the Revit Collaboration forum.

Also it sounds like you are still missing some files if you are getting the error.

Thanks again for the feedback and please let us know if this is Revit Collaboration.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 10 of 11

I am but the viewing is in BIM 360 Team

Message 11 of 11

Thanks for the update Jeromy, and I'm going to move this over to the Revit Collaboration Team. The issue could be in how you are publishing the files to BIM 360 Team.

Hope this helps get you in front of the right team for help.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report