Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
253 Views, 4 Replies

CAD link

When I link a CAD file into Revit it goes into paper space, but i need it in model space. If i copy it into model space it changes the settings and doesn't look right anymore. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
austin.mccollum
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sorry but I'm confused because there isn't a "paper space" or "model space" in Revit. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry, I guess I mean in the floor plan view versus outside the view. Every time I import a CAD no matter where I am in the model it always puts it outside the view I am trying to link it into, into the space where the titleblock and things like that are.

I then copy it from outside the view to inside the view, but then it changes the visual settings of the CAD file and removes some lines for some reason.

Thanks,

Patrick Lievsay,

Plumbing Designer
[cid:image001.png@01D20517.D9CD68F0]
plievsay@shahsmith.com // Houston Office
Ph: 713.780.7563 // Fax: 713.780.9209

Texas Registered Engineering Firm F-2113
[cid:image003.png@01D20517.D9CD68F0][cid:image005.png@01D20517.D9CD68F0][cid:image007.png@01D20517.D9CD68F0][cid:image009.jpg@01D20517.D9CD68F0]
Contact Us:
Message 4 of 5
austin.mccollum

Pictures please?

Message 5 of 5
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, in autocad try to move your drawing one corner 0,0 origin and link again into revit. when linking into revit tick current views only and choose origin to origin. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report