Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4r user cant open local files

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
438 Views, 8 Replies

C4r user cant open local files

Hi Everyone

I have a cloud workshared project, there are currently around 6 users on this project . Everyone can synchronise and create new locals except for on user. No matter what I do, Purge, Create new cloud central, change password, signin on a different computer. She still can make a new local file.

I must add that this user did not relinquish previously and was not at the office when this needed to be done. I then went from another user's pc > Manage A360 Models and relinquished her ownership.

The Collaboration cache file gets built but and it seems to be of the correct size, but this wont open either, even detached.

We keep  getting the error "This operation could not be completed...."

The journal file that I can fin are not relevant anymore they are too old.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? or have a solution?

All updates are installed 2016 update6 R2 and we are on windows 10.

Any help would be much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

this is a screen shot of the error that we receive. when this user signs in, on any pc. the load gets to 70% and that's it.

Message 3 of 9
lars-ake.johansson

Could you post a journal from when you get this error.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: lars-ake.johansson

Hi 

there are no journals that get created when this happens

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hang on. i checked again. it did make this time

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

OK. so this morning I have tried various other things.

1. Created a new A360 account for this user.

2. uninstalled the current version of C4r and installed the latest Versions. V7 for revit 2016

3. before doing that i installed the latest update. UP6 R2

4. assigned the A360 Collab. For Revit benefit to this new account for the user.

5. restarted the PC.

6. made sure that the user was invited to the project again.

7. signed in through revit

8. repair installed revit

I still keep getting the same error.

It takes ages for the local file to be created from a 20 MBps Fibre line.

It seems that this Users PC wont open any A360 cloud Workshared projects.

Even if I detach the local file created in the collaboration cache folder on the user's pc. It gets to the same point +- 70% and then Gives the ""this operation could not be completed please try again"

Here are the Journal files from all of this exercise. Why can I attach 3 JOURNAL FILES???

THIS IS COSTING WAY TOO MUCH TIME TO RESOLVE. THIS USER HAS LOST MORE THAN A DAY IN PRODUCTION TIME. I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOMEONE FROM AUTODESK TO LOGIN TO THIS PC TO TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!

I HAVE ANOTHER USER THAT IS STARTING TOO EXPERIENCE THE SAME PROBLEM!

YOU CAN PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AT dirk@modena.co.za OR dklein@svarchitects.com.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Hi dirk,

Sorry for your problems.

I will e-mail you separately to see if we can figure this out.

Regards

Lars

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi

OK, so now whats happening to these two users. is the following

User 1. the person who cant make a local. 

When the "This operation could not be completed please try again" window is closed. Another window appears which says the same thing. then Revit just hung there, thinking.

User 2. could open a local, but when they synched they would get the same warnings as user 1. The synch would go through. but not anymore.

User1. has now opened a local, still gets the same warnings, can synch with the same warnigs. User 1 can also not see anyone else on the communicator. the other team members can see them and the synch process.

???

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks Lars

Kind Regards
DIRK KLEIN
AUTODESK APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
BIM MANAGER
NDip(arch)
dirk@modena.co.za
M: 000 000 0000
T: 011 463 1553
www.modena.co.za
[revit-architecture-certified-professional-exam][revit-structure-certified-professional-exam]

[cid:image001.png@01CFB168.7386C140]

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential, may be privileged and may only be read and used by the named recipient(s). If you have received it in error, you may not disclose, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and are requested to please contact the sender immediately and delete the email. We endeavour to exclude viruses from our emails, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to check this email and any attachments for viruses. Modena Design Centres (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability or responsibility of whatsoever nature should the contents of this email or any attachments be corrupted, or fail to reach its intended destination, or be accessed by anyone other than the addressee or be amended without its prior written approval, for whatever reason or cause.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators