Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R upload hanging

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
tdaniel
1020 Views, 11 Replies

C4R upload hanging

Can someone look at this journal file and tell me if they see an issue.  I am trying to upload to A360 with C4R and the Initializing Collaboration Please wait... screen never responds!  I've tried files from 10mb to 180mb with no luck.  I am using C4R v7 2015.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tdaniel
in reply to: tdaniel

Update...  I have tried on multiple computers in different offices and different files with the same result.  We can access files already on A360 but can't upload new files!

Message 3 of 12
leemichaelb

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this.  I took a look at your journal (thank you for posting it in advance!) and it looks like one of your configuration files may not have been updated as part of the installation of the latest update.  Typically we see this when there is another 3rd party add on that has made some changes to the file.  I could send you a fresh copy of the correct config file, but that would likely have the effect of breaking the other Add In. 

To proceed, please provide the following:

- A copy of your revit.exe.config file, which is located in the Revit program root directory (adjacent to revit.exe.)

- A screen capture of your Revit AddIns folder (C:\programdata\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2015\ showing all Addin files as well as the last modified date for each

- A screen capture of the details tab in the file properties of your revit.exe.config file.

If you do not feel comfortable posting this information publicly, you can email it to me at michael.brianlee@autodesk.com

Thank you!

Michael Lee

Collaboration for Revit QA

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 4 of 12
tdaniel

I sent you the files via email.  Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 12
leemichaelb

I just wanted to give a brief update on this, in case others are experiencing the same problem.

There does appear to be an issue with the Initiate Collaboration workflow in the latest Collaboration update (2015.7 and 2016.2.)  We currently have multiple teams investigating this failure and will release a correction as soon as possible

In the meantime, our recommended workaround is to revert to the previous version (2015.6 and 2016.1) on one workstation whose sole purpose will be to upload new models to your project.  All other users can (and should) continue to operate using the v7 update.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this may cause; we will continue to update you on our progress on this issue.

Mike

A360 Collaboration for Revit QA

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 6 of 12
jheltz27
in reply to: leemichaelb

Having the same issue here. Trying the workaround. I had high hopes for v7 - seemed to be working much better than v6, especially for the Communicator. Hope v8 comes out soon.
Revit Architecture Certified Professional
AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
Message 7 of 12
leemichaelb
in reply to: jheltz27

Hi everyone, me again. 

Another quick update - we have found a simpler workaround as an interim solution.

For any user who needs to initiate collaboration:

- Browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\A360 Collaboration for Revit 2015\

- Locate the file SkyscraperClientHost.sig and rename it to SkyscraperClientHost.sig.nothere

- Relaunch Revit

We will have a more permanent fix, but this should get folks unstuck for the time being.

Thanks again for your patience,

Mike

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 8 of 12
tdaniel
in reply to: leemichaelb

Just to confirm, this option does work and is the easiest work around at this point!

@leemichaelb wrote:

Hi everyone, me again. 

Another quick update - we have found a simpler workaround as an interim solution.

For any user who needs to initiate collaboration:

- Browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\A360 Collaboration for Revit 2015\

- Locate the file SkyscraperClientHost.sig and rename it to SkyscraperClientHost.sig.nothere

- Relaunch Revit

We will have a more permanent fix, but this should get folks unstuck for the time being.

Thanks again for your patience,

Mike

Message 9 of 12

Hi there,

I am running Revit 2017 and using the BIM 360 Team and recently had to re-install Revit due to license issues. Since installation, I have been having a problem initializing collaboration for new projects. The process hangs at 50% and then I have to close the program through the task manager. The process works fine in my PC at work. 

Cam you suggest what the issue is and the work around?

Thanks

Message 10 of 12
tdaniel

So the problem is with your home PC? Make sure your Revit and C4R updates match your work PC.
Message 11 of 12
alikhalfan5059

Hi

Thanks for your response.

I checked the updates and they match. So what could be the problem?

Message 12 of 12
tdaniel

Post your journal file. May want to try disabling firewall to see if it's blocking the upload or download.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report