Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R: Sudden Incompatability

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
allan.partridge
763 Views, 11 Replies

C4R: Sudden Incompatability

Been working the morning on a project, frequent saves to central, nothing out of the ordinary....then a sudden loss of work and the model reverts to the model state when I started this morning.  Recived this error:

Capture.JPG

Only way to get out of the model was to open Task manager and forec the program to close.  I reopened the model and it opens to the last valid synch - lost about 45 mins of work.  BTW: none of the things listed in the above can be or were done - the model freezes, releases and you are suddenly left with a model that was the model state from hours ago.  Glad I was doing frequent syncro's.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi;

Annoying, and confusing thing..

Someone change your Center file, or its opened in later revit version and synced over there...

Best

Message 3 of 12

No.  I was the only person in the file (I checked the sync log and was monitoring that that the time).  I don't see how the central file can be changed - its on the A360 cloud and can only be opened with an active C4R licence - this is one of the better features of C4R - file compatability.  I also have not changed my current version of Revit - this all happened very suddenly, without notice and without known cause. 

Message 4 of 12

Allan,

We definitely want to investigate this.  Can you please post your journals from that problematic Revit session?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12

Hey Kyle,

Would it help if I added you to the project team and you could access the file direct?

Allan

Message 6 of 12

Allen,

We definitely might come to that, but the key thing for us right now is the Jorunal from when the error condition occurred.  That will tell us exactly what the Revit application was doing at the time.  Great to know we can use our support ID to access it if necessary.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12

No problem Kyle.  can you point me in the right direction to get the "journal" you are looking for?

Allan

Message 8 of 12

You are looking for the Journal file associated with the Revit session when you had the problem.  It will be last modified at the time when the Revit session was closed.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12

hi Kyle,

Here is the last journal entry for the day in question (24th) there are two others for the same day as per below. Thanks!!

Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 12

Allan,

As a contingency, can you please post the other two?  I'm looging a Problem Report for our dev team to look at, and it will avoid having to request the Journals in order to finish the investigation.

We'll take a look at this and figure it out.  Sorry it looks like you lost some work on this one; we spend a lot of resources making sure that doesn't happen.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12

Hi Kyle,

Here are the other two.  I only lost about 30 minutes of work - no big deal as I am **** about synching frequently.  As always the redo is about 50% of the lost time!

Allan 

Message 12 of 12

Update for those following along with this issue.  After investigation, the data loss event is tied to multiple Revit sessions, using the same Autodesk ID, actively working on the model at the same time.  This sort of a workflow is not currently supported in C4R, and this thread illustrates the negative outcomes that can result.

To make sure everybody is clear regarding exactly what's not supported -> Making element changes in active Revit sessions using the same Autodesk ID.  You are welcome to use the same Autodesk ID across multiple machines, just not at the same time with active Revit sessions.  You should have no problem if your workflow is:

1. Work on model H on Machine A, make changes, SWC, close model.
  2. Work on model H on Machine B, make changes, SWC, close model.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report