Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R - slow upload speed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JADAstudio
463 Views, 2 Replies

C4R - slow upload speed

I use C4R daily for project work and for my relatively modest needs it's working out pretty well. I upload files regularly without trouble. At the moment I'm trying to upload a model and it's going on 15 minutes (should only take a minute or two given my experience) with the Windows performance monitor showing very intermittent send/receive. The Autodesk Health Dashboard shows all green. Speedtest.net results show normal speeds (14ms / 91mbps down / 6 mbps up, in my case).

Assuming the problem is on my end and something to do with Revit, is there anything I can do to 1) safely cancel the upload, and 2) troubleshoot slow upload speeds from my end?

As an aside, it would be great if the model upload dialog was non-modal.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: JADAstudio

@JADAstudio wrote:

I use C4R daily for project work and for my relatively modest needs it's working out pretty well. I upload files regularly without trouble. At the moment I'm trying to upload a model and it's going on 15 minutes (should only take a minute or two given my experience) with the Windows performance monitor showing very intermittent send/receive. The Autodesk Health Dashboard shows all green. Speedtest.net results show normal speeds (14ms / 91mbps down / 6 mbps up, in my case).

Assuming the problem is on my end and something to do with Revit, is there anything I can do to 1) safely cancel the upload, and 2) troubleshoot slow upload speeds from my end?

As an aside, it would be great if the model upload dialog was non-modal.

Sounds like you have a silent failure of the onboarding command.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you are onboarding a model with an active perspective 3D View.  If that's the case, just switch to a regular 3D or 2D view, and then try to onboard again.

If that's not the case, can you post a Revit Journal from the Revit session where you are seeing this failue?  That should provide some clues to the source of the silent failure.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
JADAstudio
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle, The upload completed in ~30 minutes (69MB model). I'm 99% certain I didn't have an active perspective view when uploading but that's certainly something I'll keep in mind for the future. I attempted the same upload this morning and it completed in 3 minutes. Perhaps all that was needed on my end was a restart. Still, it would be nice if there were some way to gracefully exit the upload process. The journal files are attached, for what they are worth. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report