Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R Service - Reliability Degradation - 3.29.16

41 REPLIES 41
Reply
Message 1 of 42
KyleB_Autodesk
4103 Views, 41 Replies

C4R Service - Reliability Degradation - 3.29.16

Update 2:17pm EST 3/28/16: We have identified a compatibility issue with the latest Revit 2016 UR4 update, which is causing degraded Sync with Central (SWC) reliability for those that installed it. We have confirmed this issue internally, and are working to resolve the issue within our services.

 

Teams are advised to defer installing the latest Revit 2016 UR4 until we have resolved the matter on the Cloud Worksharing service. We apologize for the disruption this may be causing, and are urgently working to resolve the matter.

 

Update 5:41pm EST 3/28/16: The Cloud Worksharing reliability issue associated with the Revit 2016 UR4 update has been resolved. The issue was resolved on the service itself, so no updates to the downloadable files were required.

Teams are encouraged to download and install the latest update, as it contains valuable enhancements to reliability and workflow.

 

Update at 10:42am EST 3/29/16: The team is tracking an issue with the Cloud Worksharing service that is producing degraded reliability of worksharing commands across Revit 2015 and Revit 2016.  We are scaling up the service to improve reliability while we identify the root cause.

 

Update at 12:10pm EST 3/29/16: Scaling the service + some service-side fixes appear to have stabilized reliability.  Teams impacted are encouraged to try doing a SWC to ensure the changes are resulting in expected reliability analytics.

 

Update at 1:09pm EST 3/29/16:  Analytics from the service are indicating that reliability of major operations are back into typical boundaries.  Teams are encouraged to work normally and report any issues experience to us.

Cloud Worksharing Reliability Today.png

Update at 4:41pm EST 3/29/16: Analytics from the service continue to indicate that the major degradation this morning is resolved, but reliability continues to be below the typical service operation (see below).  The product team has been fully focused on restoring the service to typical operation, and has a fix moving it's way through our delivery pipeline that should accomplish that goal.  Delivery timeframe is 7:30pm EST.

Cloud Worksharing Reliability Today 2.png

Update at 9:31pm EST 3/29/16: We are back to green on the Health Dashboard based upon measured reliability over the past hours.  More information to come after the retrospective on this incident.

Cloud Worksharing Reliability Today 3.png

 

- Kyle & C4R Team



Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Tags (2)
41 REPLIES 41
Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Hi Kyle

 

The status updates you've provided started well after when I notified autodesk of the issue.  At Jacobs, we are using C4R for many projects. We have a national workshare project with over 100 users, with 10 being onboarded on average a week. I have another project that we are considering moving to c4r.  WIth an issue like today's, it doesn't give me the confidence to move forward as aggressively as we would like to. What procedures does Autodesk have in place to identify and monitor systems when implementing changes? Is there any information we can receive on what you’ve done internally, so we can know to expect issues? I'm essentially looking for a heads up so I can better guide my team. 

 

Please reach out if you'd like to discuss. Thanks. 

Message 22 of 42
smikhaeil
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle, here is the journal file from one of my team members that can't sync

Message 23 of 42
jyau
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Yes that is correct Kyle, others are experiencing the problem, but I seem to be running fine.  I'm going close and reload the model and see what happens. I've tried the slegehammer approach for clearing the caches on the problematic machines, but no luck so far.

Message 24 of 42
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: jyau


@Anonymous wrote:

Yes that is correct Kyle, others are experiencing the problem, but I seem to be running fine.  I'm going close and reload the model and see what happens. I've tried the slegehammer approach for clearing the caches on the problematic machines, but no luck so far.


If the underlying error is the same as @smikhaeil above, then clearing the collaboration cache should have no impact on behavior.  That journal indicates a service-side error causing the problem.  We are looking at that right now.

 

-Kyle



Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 25 of 42
jyau
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

FYI one of our other users was able to get in after clearing the entire cache. Trying again on the other machines now.
Message 26 of 42

For the most part people seem to be working normally. I have right now at least one user that still is not able to sync.

Message 27 of 42
smikhaeil
in reply to: smikhaeil

Kyle, Is there a way to communicate with an autodesk technician and customer support by phone? We are about to submit a project by the end of the week, and this issue is very frustrating. All our team members are off right now. Need some help!

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: smikhaeil

FYI - currently the service apprears to be functioning normally, at least from this end at both east and west coast offices (US).

 

- we are able to 'SWC' without errors.

- we are able to publish from Revit to A360 without errors.

 

good luck! 

Message 29 of 42
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous


@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Kyle

 

The status updates you've provided started well after when I notified autodesk of the issue.  At Jacobs, we are using C4R for many projects. We have a national workshare project with over 100 users, with 10 being onboarded on average a week. I have another project that we are considering moving to c4r.  WIth an issue like today's, it doesn't give me the confidence to move forward as aggressively as we would like to. What procedures does Autodesk have in place to identify and monitor systems when implementing changes? Is there any information we can receive on what you’ve done internally, so we can know to expect issues? I'm essentially looking for a heads up so I can better guide my team. 

 

Please reach out if you'd like to discuss. Thanks. 


Amrita,

I completely understand the sentiment, and your questions.  Confidence in cloud worksharing is a cornerstone of success for myself and the product team, and we go through great pains to deliver on that promise.  Today we've come up short, and most certainly will be communicating more about our existing and future processes to avoid such disruptions.

 

Right this minute, we are "all hands on deck" to fully restore the service to normal operation, so i will not go into the detail that you and the rest of the community deserve.  That will need to come after the service is fully restored, and the team has gone through our structyred retrospective process.  I appreciate your patience here.

 

-Kyle



Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 30 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle, is Revit 2016 R2 update 4 ONLY available via downloading v5 for C4R?    I don't see 2016 R2 update 4 in my Autodesk Application Manager and it says all my software is up to date.

Message 31 of 42
smikhaeil
in reply to: Anonymous

Kyle, any updates?... All our team members still can't sync. Is there any quick way to get our model running today?

Message 32 of 42
Ian.Ceicys
in reply to: smikhaeil

smikhaeil - Can you please post a Revit Journal from a Revit session that experiences the connection error? With the Revit Journal we are able to further investigate the error.

 

Message 33 of 42
smikhaeil
in reply to: Ian.Ceicys

Hi Lan.Ceicys, 

I've already did, but I will re-attached anyways. Thank you!

Message 34 of 42
Ian.Ceicys
in reply to: smikhaeil

smikhaeil we have deployed service updates and are are seeing sync with central success rates increase. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues and please post journals. Pasted image at 2016_03_29 08_37 PM.png

Message 35 of 42
tony.crawford
in reply to: Anonymous


@Anonymous wrote:

Kyle, is Revit 2016 R2 update 4 ONLY available via downloading v5 for C4R?    I don't see 2016 R2 update 4 in my Autodesk Application Manager and it says all my software is up to date.


I also have a more general question regarding Revit 2016 Update 4, as it appears directly related to these C4R issues. 

 

Should users look for and install Rvt 2016 Update 4? 

Should they NOT install update 4? 

Will Update 4 be re-released; or is it gone forever? 

Does Update 5 include and/or supercede update 4? 

 

I'm asking from the perspective of an IT manager, or BIM/CAD manager. Most of my users' projects are not on Collaboration for Revit, if that matters. 

 

Thanks!! 

 

 


--------------------------------------
Self-proclaimed Revit MEP Ninjaneer : @RevitDork
Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI)
Message 36 of 42


@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Kyle, is Revit 2016 R2 update 4 ONLY available via downloading v5 for C4R?    I don't see 2016 R2 update 4 in my Autodesk Application Manager and it says all my software is up to date.


I also have a more general question regarding Revit 2016 Update 4, as it appears directly related to these C4R issues. 

 

Should users look for and install Rvt 2016 Update 4? 

Should they NOT install update 4? 

Will Update 4 be re-released; or is it gone forever? 

Does Update 5 include and/or supercede update 4? 

 

I'm asking from the perspective of an IT manager, or BIM/CAD manager. Most of my users' projects are not on Collaboration for Revit, if that matters. 

 

Thanks!! 

 


  • Should users look for and install Rvt 2016 Update 4? Yes, it is recommended that subscribers install the latest Revit UR + C4R Addon.
  • Should they NOT install update 4? We are not aware of any negative impacts to installing the update.  While we did have a compatibility issue on Monday morning, that was resolved with a service fix, we only have data indicating a higher reliability + better performance with the latest code.
  • Will Update 4 be re-released; or is it gone forever? Revit 2016 UR4 was not fully released across all portals.  It can be obtained with the latest C4R addon installer at this point.
  • Does Update 5 include and/or supercede update 4? Our Update Releases are cumulative, so later versions include previous code changes.

-Kyle



Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 37 of 42

Awesome.

Thanks, Kyle!

--------------------------------------
Self-proclaimed Revit MEP Ninjaneer : @RevitDork
Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI)
Message 38 of 42

KyleB_Autodesk-

When is Update 4 going to be released via other portals or does it only apply to people running C4R?

 

Has there been an Update 5 released yet?

 

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 39 of 42
smikhaeil
in reply to: Ian.Ceicys

Ian.Ceicys and Kyle,
Firstly, I want to thank Adam Peter for all his help with our company, he did a great job in figuring out what was the problem, and directing us to the right solution. Secondly, thanks for all your great work in solving the server issue yesterday, All our team members are now back on track and finally we have zero issues.

 

Message 40 of 42

We are experiencing this issue with C4R Revit 2015, is there an identical fix? I wasn't able to find any new updates for 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators


Autodesk Design & Make Report