Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R Revit 2015 - Revit Could Not Create a local file from A360

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
2463 Views, 15 Replies

C4R Revit 2015 - Revit Could Not Create a local file from A360

Our team is unable to create local files from central on C4R. We have 3 different users, in two offices who have the same error. This is a summary of what we have tried today.

1. Upgraded C4R 2015 to Version 9 

2. Updated 2015 to R2 Release 12

3. Restarted/Signed out and In

4. Deleted local user collaboration Cache via brute force method.

We have other accounts in C4R for other projects, in different team hubs, both internal, and external, and they do not have issues. After trying step 4, creating a new local seemed to work after waiting an hour, but then gave the same error as listed below.

Below is a screen shot of the errors. 

Er1.png

Er2.png

Can someone help? We created a support ticket with Autodesk and Still have not heard. Journal file is attached below. 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Took a look at your Journal, and it seems like the point of failure is one of the element streams that makes up one of the project RVTs:

'facets_included: skybase, skyclient
 'skybase_correlation_id: e38249f3-e36c-4c34-9882-81be85361b89
 'skybase_model_guid: 89c88755-44a2-4d1a-835b-30a6465a3f31
 'skybase_model_size_bytes: 0
 'skybase_project_guid: 378d94ce-b8da-42c3-95c9-6acbb79912cf
 'skybase_version: 1.0.0
 'skyclient_element_count: N.A.
 'skyclient_model_delta: 0
 'skyclient_version: 1.0.0
 'status: ERROR 
 ' 0:< Autodesk.Bcg.Http.HttpRequestStatusException: Forbidden
 '   at Autodesk.RevitServer.Storage.S3.S3DataStorage.<GetFileAsync>d__26.MoveNext() 
 ' 0:< Thread "RevitSrvToolDownloader_0" terminating due to error. 
 ' 0:< ::2:: Delta VM: Avail -8 -> 8384777 MB, Used +1 -> 367 MB; RAM: Avail -72 -> 19384 MB, Used +5 -> 436 MB, Peak +0 -> 436 MB 
 ' 0:< Thread "RevitSrvToolDownloader_0" failed to download file "contentdocuments.8129.dat". 
 ' 0:< Download thread failed. 
 ' 0:< Failed to download one or more data file(s) for model "ModelLocation(model15.skyscraper.autodesk.com:MDH - RTKL Arch_Central_R2015.rvt)". 
 ' 0:< Download thread failed. 
 ' 0:< ::2:: Delta VM: Avail +0 -> 8384778 MB, Used 367 MB; RAM: Avail +11 -> 19396 MB, Used 436 MB 
 ' 0:< Dumped directory: C:\TEMP\Revit_ModelDataFileDownload_e73d048283624c48895101284b00e3c3 and its contents. 
 ' 0:< Operation - EndReadData&colon; ModelSessionToken: User's Name jaquezherrera, User's Machine Name DALHPTK7, Operation GUID bfa72c0a-f790-4528-b75b-0d236060fcd3, Central server = "model15.skyscraper.autodesk.com", Path = "MDH - RTKL Arch_Central_R2015.rvt",  
 ' 0:< Time: 3/15/2016 10:35:44:467 Calling: EndReadData 
 ' 0:< ::2:: Delta VM: Avail 8384778 MB, Used 367 MB; RAM: Avail -18 -> 19379 MB, Used 436 MB 
 ' 0:< Time: 3/15/2016 10:35:44:864 Returned from: EndReadData 
 ' 0:< Failed to refresh cached central file for C:\Users\ljaquez\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2015\CollaborationCache\A9LFM7XMK6LA\378d94ce-b8da-42c3-95c9-6acbb79912cf\89c88755-44a2-4d1a-835b-30a6465a3f31.rvt 

We've got the brain trust taking a look at this.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 16

Good morning everyone,

Looking at the journal, it looks like users are unable to refresh or reconstitute the local copy because of an inability to access a particular file stored on the C4R service.  there are a number of possible root causes for this phenomenon, and we can certainly do a deep dive and experiment to conclusively determine which of them it is.

However, based on the fact that the missing file is a contentdocuments.*.dat file, there may be a more efficient way of resolving this without going through that process:

[1] Use the Manage A360 Models to view the versions of the MDH - RTKL Arch_Central_R2015.rvt

[2] Identify the last user to successfully sync the model.  (They will be the user who created the newest version)

[3] My guess is that, unlikely the majority of the project team, they will be able to open the model.  Important: they MUST NOT delete their caches!  (If this is not the case, please let me know and I will provide further guidance.)

[4] Have that user open the model, make a minor change, and perform another SWC.

This should result in a new contentdocuments.*.dat file, invalidating the previous one.  At this point, any user who needs to refresh or reconstitute their local copy of the model will no longer attempt to access the problematic file (instead downloading the newer version created in [4] above,) so the data may get healed.

Please let us know whether this helps.

On behalf of the C4R Feature Team, our apologies for this glitch!

Mike

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Thank You Kyle. Please keep us posted. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: leemichaelb

Michael,

Looking on our A360 Hub, I cannot make heads or tails of who last updated the model. For whatever reason, it says there is only 1 version, and it was updated in April of last year. Which of course we know this to be not true. See image attached.

In this case, where we cant determine the version, or the last to sync, how do we move forward?

A360_Snip.JPG

Message 6 of 16
leemichaelb

Hi sfarrell,

Sorry; I wasn't clear in my guidance: you want the Manage A360 Models dialog accessible from the Collaborate tab of Revit:

manageA360Models.PNG

From there, you'll be able to select your project.  that in turn will give a list of models in the project, and for each model there will be a dropdown where you can view a list of versions of that model (as well as the time and user who created that version via SWC.)

Hope this helps,

Mike

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: leemichaelb

Michael,

On all the users in question, the 'Manage 360 Models' is greyed out. This is not an option for them...

Manage_grey.jpg

Message 8 of 16
leemichaelb

That's likely because the current active document is not a C4R document.  The button should become available if they:

[1] Close all working documents

or

[2] Open a C4R model (it doesn't need to be the model that has been problematic or even a model in that same project)

Mike

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 9 of 16

Sean,

Mike's solution will likely work if you haven't manually deleted the local collaboration cache for the last user to SWC.  If that collaboration cache is deleted already, the simplest option is to just restore the Cloud Workshared Model back to the previous SWC version in the Model's history.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Kyle/Michael.

Option 1 WOULD work, if our team members had access to more than one Team Hub. These users have access to only this project. We are trying to open another model on the same hub, but it is taking an unusually long time. I am unable to locate any source of information to figure out who SWC last, or how to get their model information. 

Message 11 of 16
KyleB_Autodesk

Sean,

You don't actually need to open a Cloud Workshared Model to access the Manage A360 Models dialog, you just need to close all Models in the Revit session and the button will be active in the ribbon.  Mike's options were OR, not And, but I can see the confusion.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

Kyle,

I see now. Yes we were able to see the latest person who saved the model, as well as the version. Now we just need to see if we can get that person to open and save the model. Unfortunately that person is in Singapore, and it might be a while before we can test this theory. Thanks for the help. Will keep you all posted. 

Message 13 of 16
KyleB_Autodesk

Great. If you don't want to wait, and can live with losing just that team member's last changes, you can restore back to the previous SWC version in the Manage A360 Models dialog.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Kyle,

Attempting to restore the last user's account to successfully Sync With Central did not work. They had the same error as everyone else. I also think this person had deleted their cache files prior to this, but I am not completely sure. THey were working in singapore. After this, we restored the next most recent successful update.

This took 2 hours, at which point the SAME error appeared, but after the dialog box was closed, it succesfully opened and the user was able to work. 

Can you provide some insight in to the server location where this model is hosted? I realize it is cloud based, but we are trying to do performance testing on users across the ocean. Is it possible that the latency in connection caused a read/write error to their .dat file and corrupted that model on the cloud? 

Message 15 of 16
leemichaelb

Hi sfarrell,

The collection of servers that is responsible for running the C4R service is located on the US East Coast, however the data itself actually resides in multiple geographically dispersed locations thanks to edge caching. 

In regards to the contributing factors that gave rise to the problem you encountered, it is our belief that an increase in latency does not increase the risk to the integrity of the data, however issues in network reliability (which can have a correlative relationship with latency) may. 

The next Revit and C4R update (UR13 for Revit 2015 and Update 3 for Revit 2016) includes a significant improvement to address this, so I strongly recommend that you and your project team install it once it becomes available.  (It is due to be available very shortly.)

Hope this helps,

Mike

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

I would be highly pleased if someone could help me out as regard to how i could get that done or downloaded

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums