Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R Problems with stability and model reliablity

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
109nolangene
507 Views, 4 Replies

C4R Problems with stability and model reliablity

Since switching from Revit Server I have had mixed results.  At first things seemed better.  However as I get farther into this it is starting to become a daily struggle. Yesterday I could not sync if my life depended upon it.  No response from inquires at the contact email. Finally had to resort to saving, deleting model from A360 and reinitializing.  Then had to go through the other models and reload from.  In two of those instance I could not get element permission to make changes to the model to even reload it.  Tried using relinquish at first this even failed.  Kept telling me to failed try again. I have now replaced every single model in that project. Seemed to smooth out after that.  Today I am working in that project have a big stake holder meeting where we were going to demonstrate the A360 collaboration site for all users. Only to discover that I cannot publish a single model.  I am not in my second round of model replacement in a desperate attempt to get it working prior to my 1pm meeting today. I have finally gotten 2 models out of 5 published but the one I need will not publish. I am trying to tout this product and it is getting harder and harder to work with not easier.  While I get great response from the A360 group I get told this is a C4R issue that they cannot help with and that they have sent it over to the C4R group. Then nothing. No response or contact. Frustrated is not an adequate word here.  I want this to work but am getting no support. I do not want to go back to Revit server.  I burned up a lot of political capital with our collaboration team because this is something that you have to pay for on an ongoing basis.  However revit server is something we could go back to with all of its issues especially since A360 was pushed and installed as an update. Revit was excellant up until that point. I have been ranting while waiting for that model to publish but no go will end now and replace the model yet again in the hopes that I can get it to publish prior to the meeting. RIDICULOUS!!!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AdamPeter
in reply to: 109nolangene

I am truly sorry to hear you are having such a poor experience.  Do you happen to have a support case number or something in the support system where I could investigate your issue further?  What version or Revit and C4R are you currently using?  Is the issue only with publishing to A360 or are you having additional error/problems.  Please let me know either here or through private message what I can do to assist.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 3 of 5
109nolangene
in reply to: AdamPeter

Am not ignoring you but I am so far behind right now I cannot take the time to properly answer. Will as soon as I can.

Message 4 of 5
109nolangene
in reply to: AdamPeter

I have been told that this is where you would get the fastest response.  For me however there is no fast response either here or with a support request ticket.  Here the post sits withour repsonse for days.  The support tickets do not even get assigned for days.  This is killling my projects. 

I have several projects up with C4R and this week has been hell on wheels.  All due to someone else or Revit claiming someone else owns an element. Usually upon research that individual never accessed that model at all or ever.  The only possible connection is that their model is linked into the model having issues. Try using Relinquish on the model and I am constantly told the operation failed please try again.  16 times later we end up taking the model down and reinitializing that same model.  That by itself has become a challenge because sometimes A360 states that model already exists so we have to rename it and then open all other models that have it linked in and reload from.  This sometimes fails because it states that you own the file but your file is out of date please reload latest.  You go and try to reload latest and are told no changes to load. So you end up adding the model again fine but when you try to remove the bad link it tells you you own the file but your file is out of date please reload latest.  Do that get no changes to load. The only way I have been able to remove the bad link is to take the model down. Open it with detach from central and REMOVE WORKSETS.  Then before you reinitialize to A360 you have to remove the link.

I am at a loss here support tickets still has not been assigned and no one wants to answer here.

Do not know where else to complain to.  Autodesk does not answer the phone just a machine.

Message 5 of 5

Adam and myself are good people to help here, so let's dig in.

Seems like the most important thing to get to the bottom of here is why you seem to need to be onboarding models repeatedly.  From the sounds of it, you are having element ownership issues that are causing the need.  Can you please confirm this is the case?  If so, it would be excellent if you could post a Revit Journal for an application session that captures the issue.

Myself and the team are not aware of any issues causing widespread element borrowing issue like you state, although the Force Relinquish option in the Manage A360 Models dialog is currently not functioning.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report