Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R LOGIN ISSUE

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
chubbard
515 Views, 10 Replies

C4R LOGIN ISSUE

We have multiple projects now in C4R both in 2015 and 2016.  Every time we switch projects we need to login to the A360 again before opening projects and often this fails and tells us we do not have a valid subscripton. After restarting Revit again it seems to work. 

Why do we need to do this just for switching versions?  AND we cannot run two diffeent versions of Revit at the same time accessing different C4R version projects.  It will not let the other version into A360 OR it will make the first instance unable to Sync.  To resolve that you have to save, close all Revits and open the project again taking the local version dialog and then sync.

I find i often have to open a different project to print a PDF answer a contractor question etc. and i am limited doing this by having to save or sync the version I have open close Revit, open the other version, LOGIN again, open the C4R project do some 5 minute task, and repeat this again. 

Normally i would just have upgraded the projects to the latest version, but C4R makes this near impossible from a workflow management perspective so we leave 2015 projects as is and start new projects in 2016. 

Is there a reason for the login nightmare or is this a bug?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: chubbard

That sounds like no fun.  I'm not aware of any known defect in this area, so we should get some data from you to try and reproduce on our end.  Have you reported this to our support team?  If so, sending the Case ID will allow me to look up what's been sent.  If not, what would be most useful is journal files from the 2015 and 2016 instances when you try and work side-by-side.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
chubbard
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle,

Latest Journal files are attached.  I have not reported this to support, was not sure if it was intended or not. 

Just now i tried this and it actually crashed Revit 2015 and after that it would not contact C4R.

After that  closed 2016 and re opened 2015. It asked me to sign AGAIN even though my login was already in the titlebar and opened the C4R file though it took a while so i assume it downloaded a whole new cache. 

I can report this to support if you think that will actually do something. my C4R experience so far has been lack luster.

Also could this have something to do with the 2015 R2 release 11 patch? It will not install on our workstations because it is looking for an old path that no longer exists (There is a thread for that as well in the Revit architecture forum)

Message 4 of 11
chubbard

Kyle

I filed a support request Ticket # is 11400335

Message 5 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk

Thanks for logging the support ticket.  We've got somebody from the product team taking a look as well.

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 11

Hi chubbard,

My name is Mike Lee and I am one of the feature team members for the A360 Collaboration for Revit service.

I am in the process of retrieving and reviewing the information in your support ticket; in the meantime, could I trouble you (or whoever it is that is encountering this issue) to contact me directly at michael.brianlee@autodesk.com?

Thank you!

Mike

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst
Message 7 of 11
HeaMiller
in reply to: leemichaelb

Has anyone found a solution for this issue? I am currently experiencing similar problems.

When I have a 2016 C4R project open and attempt to open a 2015 C4R project, I get an error that says "You do not currently have access to Collaboration for Autodesk Revit". I have to close out of both Revit 2015 and 2016, then re-open 2015 for it to show my list of projects. 

If I open my 2015 project first, then go to open a 2016 project, Revit 2015 crashes. 

I have all of the latest updates installed on both versions and this is happening to multiple people in the office.

Message 8 of 11
AdamPeter
in reply to: HeaMiller

Is there a chance that the serial numbers you are using for Revit 2015 and 2016 are different?  It is possible that when you are active in 2015 we read the serial number and log out other versions not using that serial number and vice versa in 2016.  If that is not the case please let us know.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 9 of 11
HeaMiller
in reply to: AdamPeter

Unless I'm missing something, it seams like the serial numbers for two different versions of Revit would always be different, at least with standalone licenses. Is it against the Revit or C4R licensing agreement to actively work in two different versions of Revit or is this just a glitch in the software?

Message 10 of 11
AdamPeter
in reply to: HeaMiller

It's not against licensing, it may be our current implementation to read on the services side only one or the other at a time.  That is something for our further investigation.  

I would like to validate that is your situation (2 different serial numbers) and that if you close one version or the other it works as expected.  Either way it is welcome feedback that it is a common need to work in multiple versions at the same time regardless of serial numbers being the same or different.  I will pass this along to the product team as we continue to investigate.

thanks, 

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 11 of 11
HeaMiller
in reply to: AdamPeter

Yes, I am opening two different versions of Revit with two different serial numbers when I experience the issue. If I just open one version of Revit, Collaboration for Revit works as expected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report