Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R: How to link IFC

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
allan.partridge
2890 Views, 16 Replies

C4R: How to link IFC

Collaboration for Revit:

The "Link IFC" button is greyed out.  Has anyone found a work around with C4R to import IFC file?  We have LOD400 assembly content to coordinate from steel supplier. 

Capture.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Our quick workaround:

Use a non C4R Revit program and create a RVT file.  Link the RVT file in C4R.

(It would be nice to have the IFC functionality in C4R)

Message 3 of 17

Allan,

Thanks for reporting this.  I'll have somebody on the team take a look at this today.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 17
support
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Got the same question. Any news about this?

Message 5 of 17

Yes Please 🙂

Message 6 of 17

Any news on resolving this ADSK?

This along with the following are causing me grief with clients.....A360 Team and C4R and not allowing for workflows where all contractors are not using the complete solution...yes it would be nirvana to have them all up and running. but this just doesn't happen in the real world (at least not all from the get-go)

1. You can’t link .dwg’s in to a C4R model via A360 Team. They have to reside on your machine or local server. No good when there are multiple people wanting to link in an AutoCAD drawing cos one of the engineers will not go to Revit. Basically means that either everyone need to .DWGs locally linked into the model. Or linked into 1 model, which everyone else links (this doesn’t always seem to work)
  2. You can link in a normal Revit model into a C4R model via A360 Team. Not good when two of the contractors do not have C4R (nope not a sales opportunity either, as this is due to lack of security protocols – they are global clients). This means my client has to get them to upload their normal Revit model to A360 Team, they then download and then re-push back up via C4R. EACH WEEK arghhh
  3. One of the team is on 2017 and the rest on 2016. The project can’t go to 2017 for various reasons, but structural engineer only works in 2017. No problem you say…export the model via IFC and then link into the 2016 project. Great only the IFC import tool is greyed out if you are working on a C4R model….FF*. So each week as the engineer uploads his new 2016 Revit model, you pull it down. Open in 2017 and export out to IFC. Start a new project in 2016 and insert the IFC, then bind it. Now push to A360 Team via C4R and link into you model….beautiful not.
  4. And lastly. In A360 Team try deleting you Revit model…..it does indeed disappear for the project……but wait. Now open Revit and then go to your project in the cloud….voila you can see and open the file you have just deleted. Why I hear you cry? Well A360 Team and C4R are separate services and Autodesk obviously though that when you delete something, you might not really want to – I dunno…but what you have to do to get rid of any Revit central model created by C4R is to go into Revit and then Manage A360 Projects. Select you project and then in the list of .RVTs, delete the required one from here. Delete via A360 Team is only for none C4R central files it would seem
Message 7 of 17

Today I found a workaround by linking IFC to a brand new model then copy\paste it into the C4R model. it worked !!!
Message 8 of 17

Apologies for typing in CAPS, but - AS OF JAN 2017, YOU CAN NO LONGER LINK RVT MODELS INTO A C4R MODEL. WHY IS THAT? THE SAME THING GOES FOR USER PERMISSIONS. WTH is going on Autodesk ?
Message 9 of 17
bnussbaum
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

As of 5-11-17, the "Link IFC" button is still greyed out.  Any idea as to why this is still the case?

Message 10 of 17

I'm also having this problem.  This seems to be isolated to C4R projects only, oddly enough.

-- Clara

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Message 11 of 17

You can not (and I don't understand why) link an IFC model into a C4R model. As a workaround, and this is beautifully works for me: - Link all the IFC files into a blank new Revit model (non a C4R) - Quit without saving !! - Go to the folder where the IFCs are, you will find RVT models generated for each IFC model. - Take those models, and link them. These were generated by Revit as they were linked. This is my own discovery and I hope you like it 🙂 - Basam
Message 12 of 17
mitko.pavlov
in reply to: Basam.Yousif

Thanks so much for that. It saved me lots of headaches.

Cheers

Message 13 of 17

It seems fixed in Revit 2018

Message 14 of 17
ndavidch
in reply to: allan.partridge

The option is available again in Revit 2018!. 

Message 15 of 17
LeeCastro
in reply to: ndavidch

this issue was solved in 2018.1?

Marque Aceitar como Solução e clique em Curtir.
Select Accept as Solution and click on Like

Li Chong Lee, DSc.
LinkedIn Instagram | Facebook | Twitter  | YouTube
Participante da Comunidade de Usuários Autodesk Brasil 

Message 16 of 17
benno.toorn
in reply to: LeeCastro

Its fixed in 2018+. Its not fixed in the lower versions. So if you need to use it the options are now upgrade to 2018 or use the previous workaround. The only thing I would like to see now is to move and convert an IFC from BIM 360 Team to the C4R server as cloud Revit model. So it can be linked w/o the need of a separate network server.

Message 17 of 17
fatm
in reply to: benno.toorn

Have you suggested this in the idea forum? I will vote for this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report