Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R file Getting Corrupted repeatedly

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rzlazo
508 Views, 10 Replies

C4R file Getting Corrupted repeatedly

we are having a problem with a client, we already try deleting all local catch(according to Clear a corrupt/damaged C4R model from the system), overriding the folder and any other solution we found on the web but the problem persist.

The problem is with the user svergara@ibanezysaavedraarquitectos.cl, each time he syncs it appears that c4r do not recognize the new changes on the file and it try to syc the whole file which is really weird, after that the file gets corrupt of revit crashes. one time even took the internet of the whole office down (not 100% sure it was because of the revit crash but happened at the same time)

we try signing in from a different pc with that user and the same thing happens. also try multiple times to create the collaboration file from scratch but after a while the same problem appears.

i leave the log file in case someone want to give it a shot.

any ideas are welcome

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: rzlazo

@rzlazo wrote:

we are having a problem with a client, we already try deleting all local catch(according to Clear a corrupt/damaged C4R model from the system), overriding the folder and any other solution we found on the web but the problem persist.

The problem is with the user svergara@ibanezysaavedraarquitectos.cl, each time he syncs it appears that c4r do not recognize the new changes on the file and it try to syc the whole file which is really weird, after that the file gets corrupt of revit crashes. one time even took the internet of the whole office down (not 100% sure it was because of the revit crash but happened at the same time)

we try signing in from a different pc with that user and the same thing happens. also try multiple times to create the collaboration file from scratch but after a while the same problem appears.

i leave the log file in case someone want to give it a shot.

any ideas are welcome

Sounds yucky.  I looked at that journal, but I don't seen any SWC operations in it, just local saves of the C4R model.  Can we get a Journal that captures the SWC from user svergara@ibanezysaavedraarquitectos.cl?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11

same problem here.

any solution autodesk?

Message 4 of 11

@S_Pharand wrote:

same problem here.

any solution autodesk?

What problem specifically?  I'm not aware of C4R-specific issues that cause model corruption for any of the latest releases of Revit 2015-2018.  Additional details would be helpful here.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11

after Windows crash, project in C4R are corrupt only in one computer. 

i tried all this solution:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

the computer is new. as a last resort I will make a computer format

as an attachment the log file after deleting the cache file folder. always same problem

Message 6 of 11

@S_Pharand wrote:

after Windows crash, project in C4R are corrupt only in one computer. 

i tried all this solution:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

the computer is new. as a last resort I will make a computer format

Thanks for taking the time to describe the issue in more detail.  If the model is corrupt only on one machine, it's highly likely that clearing the local cache would resolve it, so I'm surprised to hear that it's not resolved.  Can you confirm what version of Revit is installed on this machine?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11

this versions :

20171027_0315(x64)

Message 8 of 11

That looks like the latest version of Revit 2017 is installed, so we can discount the potential that this is somehow related to a very old version of C4R code.  The next step is to try and understand the source of the crash/corruption.  Can you post a Revit Journal from that machine when it tries to open the corrupted model?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11

after several tries, it seems that the corruption comes from a file related in our model but only on this computer.

you will find the file as an attachment. it names it journal.0001.txt because I had even deleted the log file during the last try

Message 10 of 11

It looks like the linked model "QAL_AR_TI_16010_RADIO CANADA_360_R2017.rvt" is corrupted on that user's local cache.

Can you please look for and delete "C:\Users\pdesmarais\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\CollaborationCache\7XVDRQJ9U3DW\4ec62581-55c5-427c-b934-634f23485dfb\LinkedModels\293b3f7a-6e2c-4cad-9abd-fa02cb608d0e.rvt" on that user's machine, and try opening again?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 11

I deleted the C: \ Users \ pdesmarais \ AppData \ Local \ Autodesk \ Revit \ Autodesk Revit 2017 \ CollaborationCache \ folder

the problem persists

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report