Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R Entitlements Slow to propogate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eschappe_flad_com
280 Views, 4 Replies

C4R Entitlements Slow to propogate

Hello,

We continue to have intermittent issues with users getting the C4R entitlement after the software manager gives it to them, thereby getting the "you do not have access to any C4R projects" within Revit.  I have found sometimes removing them from a project then adding them back seemingly kick-starts this, but it is not a solution per se. We have noticed this with versions 2016, 2017 and 2018 in the past month or so.

I am just wondering if the management portal has some delay in propagating entitlement to the C4R service for Revit to check, or if there is something else going on.  Plus, if there is a delay it would be nice to know how long we should be waiting, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. before they have access to projects. 

Thanks,

Eric

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Just an update to this, yesterday we tracked this propagation issue taking about 3 hours before the entitlement was picked up by Revit. Having the same issue again today with another user on another project. 

Anyone at Autodesk willing to chime in?

Message 3 of 5

Hi @eschappe_flad_com,

I understand you have been having some trouble getting access to your entitlement after assigning the seats.  There are multiple factors involved after assigning a seat that can contribute to the length of time that a seat becomes available.  There isn't an exact time frame on when it should be available, but we have seen delays.

In past cases, I've noticed that it will help to have the entitled user:

1. Check their Autodesk Account to see if they can see the entitlement listed
  2. Log out of Revit and close application
  3. Re-open Revit > Sign in
  4. Check and confirm if projects are available

Is this consistently taking a few hours to become available? 

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 4 of 5

Patrick,

When this issue has occurred I have gotten to step 1 of your list and that is as far as I can get. I have tried the other items you listed though as well with no success in the past. Typically when this problem occurs they don't see the entitlement in their management page after we have given it to them.  This them will not let them access those projects in C4R within Revit. It seems the only thing that has solved this is just waiting for up to 3 hours or in one case it was a day and a half. 

There hasn't been much consistency with this issue other than one day it happens for everyone that we give the entitlement to has this issue and the next day no one does.  Hence my question about if there is a known delay for the entitlement to propagate to users.  

Thanks,

Eric

Message 5 of 5

Hi @eschappe_flad_com,

I'm just following up with regards to your last post.  I received some feedback internally and there isn't a known delay for an entitlement to propagate to a user.  

If an entitlement doesn't kick over within an hour, the other option I had received is to unassign and re-assign the seat.  

If an issue persists, you could also create a support request for Managing  User Access, through either Ask AVA, Email or Chat if available.  

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report