Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R/BIM 360 Trial

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sansquestion101
250 Views, 1 Reply

C4R/BIM 360 Trial

HI there,

I have a couple of inquiries about the software:
In a rush to get this project going customer signed up for a trial versions of both BIM 360 team and Collaborate for Revit, and successfully uploaded and interlinked the models. Customer then invited the rest of the project team, expecting them to need to get their own trials as we sort through the licensing inquiries. 
As it turns out, no one needed the trial, and was able to access the files and BIM 360 team just fine as-is. 
How is that working? 
Did they all accidentally sign up for trials unknowingly? 
Or is everyone piggybacking off of the one seat’s trial version license and creates accounts for the users that were invited?

Also, How is BIM 360 Docs comparable to ProCore? Or is there more than one software that BIM 360 is comparable to use?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dzanta
in reply to: sansquestion101

See below:

As it turns out, no one needed the trial, and was able to access the files and BIM 360 team just fine as-is. 
How is that working? (TRIAL VERSION ALLOWS PEOPLE TO TRY SOFTWARE...THE PEOPLE YOU INVITE ARE ACCESSING YOUR HUB/PROJECTS VIA HTML/EMAIL INVITATION LINK.  TRIAL VERSION IS FULL FUNCTIONING FOR 30 DAYS.

NORMALLY, AFTER YOU PURCHASE BIM360 TEAM/C4R, NUMBER OF SEATS PURCHASED IS ASSIGNED TO USERS NEEDING REVIT AUTHORING FUNCTIONALITY AND/OR BIM360 TEAM ACCESS.  THOSE YOU INVITE OUTSIDE YOUR COMPANY WILL NEED TO PURCHASE BIM360TEAM/C4R AS WELL.

Did they all accidentally sign up for trials unknowingly?  NO

Or is everyone piggybacking off of the one seat’s trial version license and creates accounts for the users that were invited? NO

Also, How is BIM 360 Docs comparable to ProCore? I DO NOT KNOW PROCORE SO I CANNOT COMPARE.  Or is there more than one software that BIM 360 is comparable to use? BIM360 TEAM IS BASICALLY CENTRAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR AUTODESK BASED WORKFLOW.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report