Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R & Xenapp - Unable to load items

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
sean.farrell
925 Views, 22 Replies

C4R & Xenapp - Unable to load items

Greetings,

We have just recently setup Collaboration for Revit 2015 R2 Update 13. for whatever reason we are not able to load items from the A360 hub within R->Open->A360. Manage models also returns an error "A360 Projects that contian A360 modls cannot be retrieved at this time. Please try again later"

Things to note:

1. This error is only happening on our internal Citrix - Xenapp environment. (this is a multi user environment)

2. (connected desktops, remote connections, laptop/pc, work fine)

3. All updates are currently applied to the Revit 2015 r2 install.

4. Communicator for Revit appears to be running.

Images and journal files attached.

ManageModels_error.JPG

UnableToLoadItems_Error.JPG

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
AdamPeter
in reply to: sean.farrell

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.  Are there any know firewalls or anti-virus systems in place?  If you contact me directly perhaps we can screen share and see what is being blocks as I suspect this is a firewall problem.

I'll take a look at your journal and see if there is anythign obvious.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 3 of 23
sean.farrell
in reply to: AdamPeter

Are you saying I need to do THIS?

have you had any users with issues using the Xenapp environment to run C4R? What would i be looking for that is blocked by the firewall?

Message 4 of 23
AdamPeter

actually on further inspection of the journal file it doesn't look like C4R is starting properly...

From line 149:

Unrecognized configuration section uri. (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2015\Revit.exe.Config line 74)

can you please e-mail me your configuration file?

adam.peter@autodesk.com

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 5 of 23
sean.farrell
in reply to: AdamPeter

Maybe it has something to do with these errors.... The help guide said these were to be expected though?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fail1.JPG

Fail2.JPG

Message 6 of 23

HI,

No, they are not expected ;-).

Your Revit.config file has become corrupt and my guess is that it's caused by the installation of one of your add-ons........

If you send that file to either me or Adam (or post it here), we should hopefully be able to fix it.......

(Change the extension of the file from '.config' to '.txt' otherwize it might get filtered out as an unsafe attachement)

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 23

Hi,

The .config file looked OK so the problem isnt' with the file itself but it it's related.

The actual error is that it doesn't doesn't recognize the  '<uri>' element in the config-file.

The definition of the uri-element was added in .NET 4 and that leads us to suspect that dotNETdidn't get installed properly on the system or is not properly setup on the server.

I did find some post on the net that there might be issues with dot NET 4.x on some versions of XenApp but not sure.

I will talk to our Citrix guy when he is availible later today.

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 8 of 23

I did have a chat with our Citrix QA and he was not aware of any issues with XenApp and dotNET.

Could you check that it's installed on the server.

What versions of XenApp and windows Server are you using?

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 9 of 23

Lars, thank you for looking in to this.

The versions are listed below.

NetVersion.JPG

ServerVer.JPG

Xenapp.JPG

Message 10 of 23

Hi,

Do you know what version "v4" is?

If this is not 4.5, could you install 4.5 and see if that fix the issue?

- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 11 of 23

Thank You, Lars

We will try that. By the way, not sure if this has anything to do with it. But...

Succesful install:

SuccessfullRevit.png

Unsucessful Install

Un-SuccessfullRevit.png

Message 12 of 23
sean.farrell

Lars,

.Net 4.5.2 is installed on both the successful and unsucssful servers listed above.

To note, on our problem server, Revit 2015 and Revit 2016 BOTH have the same error, and cannot communicate with A360 via Xenapp.

Thoughts?

Message 13 of 23

Lars, Can you please comment?

We are at a stand still. Do you have any additional suggestions?

It would be EXTREMELY Helpful, if you could provide the correct install packages and sequences of update necessary to run C4R.

1. Initial Revit install (is that revit 2015 R2? Is it Revit Architectrure 2015 R2?

2. What subsequent installs/updates do i need to do to get to Collaboration for Revit Compatability?

3. SHould we or should we not install revit update 13 for R2?

Assuming we are doing a clean install, how would this work? At this point, i think thats all we can do to narrow down and eliminate any possible conflicting package issues.

Again we have the SAME system which is successful, but for some reason this particular installation isnt working. The ONLY variable i can trace at this point is what and how those installation packages and updates were applied.

Message 14 of 23

Hi,

1. C4R will work on any of the Revit 'flavors'

2. The only thing you need to install excep Revit, is Collaboration for Revit

3. For this particular case it's not necessary to update to UR13, but you should apply the update to your systems, it's contains some stability impropvents.

I agrre that testing with a clean install would be good.

Just Revit +UR13 and C4R, do not install all the additional add-ons that you have it you current install to start with.

Also make sure you download and installe the latest C4R install

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-a360...

When you say 'SAME'; do you mean another XenApp install that's working or are they workstation installs?

Regards

lars-ake{dot}johansson{at}autodesk{dot}com

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 15 of 23

Thank You, Lars

Can I install 13 after the initial revit install? Do i need to install revit 2015 from the manage.autodesk.com site? Or where is there a clean install file for the base installation of revit?

Yes, we have a functioning Xenapp/C4R revit environment that has all the same .Net and windows framework as the problem server. For whatever reason, this one is not working.

Last night when I tried to install the 13 update, after running some other incremental updates to 2015, i got this error.

2015-ur13-error.JPG

Message 16 of 23

Hi,

You should be able to go straight to UR13 after the initial install.

If you have R2, you will need to install it from manage.autodesk.com

From the error dialog, it looks like you got the wrong update package. Note that there are separate installs depening on what flavor of Revit you are using.

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 17 of 23

Edited.

missed the clean un-install step... will report back... 😕

Message 18 of 23

Lars,

This didnt work. We are seriously at a loss. Do we need to remove all other autodesk products? Should it be because there are issues with individual user folders?

Regards,

Message 19 of 23

Hi,

So how did it not work - same error?

Did you test after each install? At what point did it break? After installing Revit, UR13, Collaboration or your addons?

One question that I probably should have asked from the begining: Are the errors from running it on the server or from after you publish the app?

I got hold of an old test server her so I can do some test myself......

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 20 of 23

It only throws the error after installing Collaboration for Revit. At this point, Revit still works, but there are those popups, which were posted at the beginning of this thread.

If you remove C4R, there are no more popups. C4R, however, will not work, if those pop-ups are present.

We were not able to go from initial install directly to update 13. It says 'The required product is not installed', or something along those lines. Only running the C4R plugin will bring you up to 11, then we can go to 13. Error is still present.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report