Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R after Change autodesk username

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1151 Views, 14 Replies

C4R after Change autodesk username

Hi all,

After I change Autodesk's Username. I have a problem: When I create C4R local. It stills to recognize the old username and notify like image below:

C4R Change Username.JPG

Now I can not create local for all file in this project folder. I can't Synch or working on this. Please help me solve this problem. 

Thanks a lot.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
DanFaba
in reply to: Anonymous

Quang,

You can try the following:

To change the user name in Revit

1. Click Options.
    2. Click the General tab.
    3. For Username, specify the user name.
    4. Click OK.

This user name setting is stored in the Revit.ini file, which is located in this folder:

%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\<product name and release>

Because this folder is shared by all the users on a computer, changes made to the Revit.ini file, including changes to the user name, affect all users on that computer. Therefore, if you change the user name in Revit, that user name is used regardless of who is actually logged on to Windows.

Dan Faba
Autodesk Revit Technical Support
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: DanFaba

Thanks @DanFaba,

But seem you are misunderstading with my issue.

My issue is Autodesk Username sign-in to use C4R.

When I change Username and open a project contain in C4R folder. I get a notify wrong username, Revit local file is opened with old username. I don't know why.

Please help me solve this problem.

Message 4 of 15
lars-ake.johansson

Hi,

So I assume that you changed your sign-in name but are still using the same A360 account?

Revit is keeping track of the user that created the local file and will only permit that user to edit the file. Since you changed your A360 name/sign-in, your 'Username' in Revit changed and you are considered a 'different' user in this file.....

The easiest workaround is to actually delete the local file and reopen the file from A360 to recreate it with the new username.

Follow the steps in the following article to locate and delete the file from the Collaboration cache - do NOT do the last step (#5 delete from PAC cache):

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: lars-ake.johansson

Thanks @lars-ake.johansson

That's right. It's my issue.

When I deleted temporary revit local file as you guide. I can't create a new local with new username. Revit constantly crashes, I have to End Task in Task Manager to stop this process. This is repeated several times

Message 6 of 15
lars-ake.johansson

Hi

Can you post a Revit Journal file from a session when you get that crash?

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 15
hhbim
in reply to: lars-ake.johansson

Hello Lars-Ake - i was curious to know if this got resolved?

if so, what was the issue? i'm not experiencing this (yet) but would like to know for future reference.

thanks!

-md

Message 8 of 15
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: hhbim

Hi @hhbim,

Still waiting for a journal file from @sonor showing the new problem......

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 9 of 15
KyleB_Autodesk

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @lars-ake.johansson

That's right. It's my issue.

When I deleted temporary revit local file as you guide. I can't create a new local with new username. Revit constantly crashes, I have to End Task in Task Manager to stop this process. This is repeated several times

"Revit constantly crashes, I have to End Task in Task Manager to stop this process. This is repeated several times"  Sure sounds like Revit is not indeed crashed, but actually the UI tread is locked, and Revit is in fact still loading the model.  If your local cache is empty then it can take quite some time to re-build it. Windows Resource Monitor is a great way to sniff our activity in a Windows process with a locked UI thread; look for disk, CPU, or network activity for the Revit.exe process.

A Revit crash doesn't require Task Manager to close, rather Revit crashes into our crash handling system, which sends up crash reports to triage.

So in short, I think you need to just wait a bit longer for the local cache to be built out, and then avoid deleting the local cache in the first place.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Thanks @KyleB_Autodesk and @lars-ake.johansson

I have found these bugs.

When changes Username, I have to recreate the project folder, the username problem is solved.

Revit crashes and not create the Local, the problems due to the internet. Transmission of international internet bandwidth connectivity in Asia Pacific due to fiber cable is broken, slow connection speed, it can not connect to the C4R data server in the US. Currently I have been working back to normal.

Message 11 of 15
gregaE4BEG

Hi sonor,

There is a very easy fix to this problem. First you'll want to close all Revit sessions. Then:

1. Open a Windows Explorer window
    1. Go to View tab
    2. Check Hidden Items
  2. Navigate to C:\Users\*your_username*\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\CollaborationCache
  3. Delete all the subfolders in the Collaboration Cache folder

The way this procedure works, is it deletes all Local versions of C4R Revit projects forcing Revit to download C4R models from the Cloud. As far as I understand this resets the username and allows the new username to synchronize and save the model.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Message 12 of 15
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: gregaE4BEG

You shouldn't need to do this.  Just change the username -> Open the model from the File browser.  Sounds like you are opening the model from the recently used files screen, which will try to open the model tied to the other username and give you this error.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 15
gregaE4BEG

Kyle, I don't believe this to be the case, but I recommend users to try
this method before the process I suggested in case it is as simple as that.

The reason why I say that is C4R files are loaded from the hidden local
cache, and these local models are tied to the initial username. When trying
to open these files with a new username, even from the correct cloud
directory, Revit will produce the error as shown at the top of this thread.
This is why the local cache needs to be cleared, so that the models can be
opened fresh under the new username.

HTH
Message 14 of 15
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: gregaE4BEG

The Collaboration Cache has a structure of: <User ID>\<Project ID>\<Model ID.rvt>

As soon as the User ID is changed, the code creates a new <User ID> top-level folder in the Collaboration Cache, if it doesn't already exist, and then creates the cached models for that user within that folder.  The only code path where Revit, while signed in via User B, tries to open a cloud workshared Model tied to User B, is when it's picked from the Recently Used Files page.

If you are reproducing behavior that is different from above, please log a support request so we can take a look.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

I can confirm that this does work. Just change your username and open through the file browser not the recent files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report