Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM360 publish revit model without links

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
lm2
Advocate
555 Views, 8 Replies

BIM360 publish revit model without links

Hi! we use BIM360 for our shared revit 2022 models, and right now we need to unload for all all links and synch to be able to Publish the right model views. This is an issue, and we are using a SHEET model as a strategy. We have 1 shared SHEET revit model where we have linked our 3d models, and we use this model only for official drawings.

BUT the team is not happy. Is there a way to publish without unloading Links? unloading is creating many issues like losing keynotes, dimensions, tags etc. Right now the only way to publish and view only our models and not the links also on BIM360 is to unload all links for everyone 😞

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Yien_Chao
in reply to: lm2

maybe i misunderstand, but you could create a 3d view with only your model without any link visible (but still loaded), then publish it.

that could help?

Message 3 of 9
lm2
Advocate

hi! i have tried that but the links follow anyways. even if they are turned off in the view, if the links are loaded, they will get uploaded to BIM360 also 😞

Message 4 of 9
sasha.crotty

Hi @lm2 , if I understand what you're describing correctly, you're referring to the "RVT" that is available in Docs which is actually a zip file containing the links? If this is the case, you can avoid this zip file being created by publishing the links first. That way, if the links are at latest, the publish process can rely on the link files being up to date.

The reason this works this way, is that there is a desire to have a WYSIWYG representation in Docs from what you see in Revit. If the the published version of the links is out of date, you'd actually see a different representation in Revit (which uses latest) from what you see in Docs. Therefore the latest version of the links is included in the publish process to ensure accurate drawings. 

The need to have better ways to do this is well understood, it's just not simple. Hopefully this gives you a workaround in the meantime - definitely don't want you to have to deal with unloading links each time!

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Message 5 of 9
lm2
Advocate
in reply to: sasha.crotty

Hi! thank you for the reply. The issue is that we want to publish our model, to BIM360, without the links. That is all, and right now in revit 2022 this is not possible unless we -unload for all- for the Links. We do not ever want to share links in our publishing, because those are not our models, just models from consultants. This is a big issue for any architecture company that wants to collaborate over BIM360, is there a solution? 

it theory it should be easy - have a 3d view for publishing only, and turn off the links in that view. But the links still get published even if they are not visible in our 3d view

Message 6 of 9
sasha.crotty

Have you tried my suggestion above?
The links are included as part of the RVT long before the view is extracted. So whether they are included or not is not affected by which view(s) you pick. You can avoid them being included by publishing the links separately first.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty

Message 7 of 9
sasha.crotty

Note: you can publish the links in a folder that others don't have access to.

Sasha Crotty

Message 8 of 9
lm2
Advocate

Hi Sasha, how can i publish to a separate folder? will this appear on the model s Design Collaboration timeline?

Message 9 of 9
Ramolla.Marco

Hello @lm2 , as long you publish into the teams folder or sub-folders in the team folder, the model will be displayed in the timeline in Design Collaboration. The timeline presents all models in a team folder, including sub-folders.

Can you help me to understand the reason to publish into a another folder than the location of the RCW model?

Best Regards Marco Ramolla

Marco Ramolla
Senior Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report