Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Design, Can't Link Models from Shared or Consumed Folders

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
768 Views, 1 Reply

BIM 360 Design, Can't Link Models from Shared or Consumed Folders

Linked Document 360// Not found. The link will be unloadedLinked Document 360// Not found. The link will be unloaded

I am currently, using the one month BIM 360 Design trial to evaluate the product reliability.

So far I can only link Models from the main Architectural folder which are Workshared Models, but can't link published models to the Shared or Consumed folders. Which are models that get updated when members decide to share them.

Where is the problem.

I believe, I have done everything as per the Guide. 

Desktop Connector installed.

Model appears in the Desktop connector Shared file.

The system starts downloading the model.

The icon next to the model while downloading is showing a preview of the correct Model.

After few seconds the downloading stops and you get the previous message.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jade.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Downloading Revit model from desktop connector will create a new detached workshared model and break connection with previous central model. 

Please link model directly via inserting revit link.

2019-04-22_1400.png

and you may refer to What is the difference when I open, save or link a Revit file by Desktop Connector? in the article

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/U...

jade.l

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report