Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk_Collaboration_v7_for_Revit_2016 fails to install

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rcross2
773 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk_Collaboration_v7_for_Revit_2016 fails to install

Hi there,

I', having trouble installing Autodesk_Collaboration_v7_for_Revit_2016.

When I launch “Autodesk_Collaboration_v7_for_Revit_2016” this dialog pops up asking me to Confirm file replace?

a360 Collaborator-01.jpg

If I go “Yes to All”. I get this dialog, it seems like it’s struggling to load the software because it doesn’t do anything, just the green load bar moves from left to right and the it Fails.

I tried it there again with the Virus protection paused but all to no avail. Refer to screen shots below:

Note that the Install starts off at 39mb and it Fails at 29mb?

a360 Collaborator-02.jpg

Note: My Revit 2016 build is Update6 for R2

a360 Collaborator-03.jpg

Thanking you in advance

Regards

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

The downloaded file is a self extracting archive and you will get the "Confirm replace" dialog becaus it's already extracted (to C:\Autodesk)

The 2nd problem is because C4R (and PAC) is already installed and the installer fails to update the existing install - this is a regression and we have identified the root cause for it and will update the installer......

Meanwhile, If you uninstall "Collaboration for Revit" and "Personal Accelerator" from Add/Remove programs, you should  be able to reinstall the new version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Lars

That installed correctly.

Regards

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report