Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD two line text with fraction cause problem in Revit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
juney176
445 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD two line text with fraction cause problem in Revit

Hello,

I have a AutoCAD detail drawing linked in Revit, and I found that if one of two or more lines text has fraction, the other line(s) will be shifted. Anyone knows how to make this right?

Text without fraction is shown the same in AutoCAD and Revit:

Two lines text without fraction (AutoCAD)

23.jpg

Second line of the text is shown the same as in AutoCAD (Revit)

24.jpg

But, if the fraction is added:

Two lines text with fractions (AutoCAD)

21.jpg

Second line is shifted (Revit)

22.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JADAstudio
in reply to: juney176

I struggle with the same thing. The only solution I've found is to edit the DWG and change the stacked fractions to "unstacked" (?) and re-link the DWG.

I've also heard rumors that when under deadline pressure users (totally not me... shhhhhh) will simply type on top of the offending text using an opaque text style in Revit, obscuring the DWG text with the corrected Revit text.

Message 3 of 4
juney176
in reply to: JADAstudio

Thank you for your reply, baumbach.

But unstacked fraction sometimes is not acceptable by following client's standard. Well, I would explode the two lines text into two single line, but I am seeking for a better solution.

Message 4 of 4
JADAstudio
in reply to: juney176

I seem to recall that most / all of the problem text in my case were multi-line text objects in AutoCAD. When I added line feeds at the end of each line in AutoCAD it looked better when bringing into Revit. I could be remembering incorrectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report