Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying temporary phase to elments

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
julieslobo
2039 Views, 3 Replies

Applying temporary phase to elments

I'm using full Revit 2016.

I'm wanting to use the Temporary phase to display select elements as "future" objects (ie. walls, doors, plumbing, etc in a basement plan).  I only have the option to make an element Exising or New Construction phase. Is this possible? I'm new to understand phasing.

Basically, I'm trying to automatically display my future objects as halftone in each view, as opposed to overriding graphics of each element in each view (too time consuming). Is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MichaelRuehr
in reply to: julieslobo

Phases would be not what I would try to use
They are not for Documentation Phasing
You can use Filters and a Parameter overrides
Or what I use these days Selection Filters as they work across categories
Message 3 of 4
julieslobo
in reply to: MichaelRuehr

Are you refering to Visibility/Graphic Override Filters? ... I want to select one of the four walls in my structural basement plan to be a future (halftone) wall, and when I create a section through that future wall and other new (solid) walls or open my electrical basement plan I want the future wall to automatically be shown as halftone...

Message 4 of 4
MichaelRuehr
in reply to: julieslobo

Not to get into too many details

Revit does not really have Future Phase, you can read up on that in various forums

What I would suggest is to use selection sets

You can read up on them in the Help file

The Selection set creates a Filter automatically that can be used to create a Visibility Override to grey or hide etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report