Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer Day: Shared Storage & Working in Progress

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
EKey
252 Views, 1 Reply

Answer Day: Shared Storage & Working in Progress

Hi,

We, as Mechanical consultant company, are not happy with the workflow sitting behind the A360 idea: all the teams work in the same Shared Storage. We see it in a slightly different way: it is hard to chase hourly changes in other consultants' models. Also we don't like as a designer synchonize a model and an "incorrect" design appears for all consultants. We would like to "publish" our design after it was approved by a project manager.

I found that the UK standard PAS1192-2:2013 expresses the vision as ours (see the attached picture). It should be a "Working in Progress" storage, from which models can be published to the Shared Storage. We like that idea. What do you think about it?

Thank you,

Evgeny Kurbatov.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: EKey

I wanted to share with you the link to the Revit IdeaStation. This is a great spot to submit ideas/suggestions/concerns like you have mentioned. I've attached the link below:

www.autodesk.com/revitideas

If you have a few minutes, please go here and express your thoughts as the Revit development team will then be able to see them.

Shawn Niles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums