Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow C4R to recognize A360 subfolders

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rnarracci
269 Views, 2 Replies

Allow C4R to recognize A360 subfolders

Please allow Collaboration For Revit to recognize A360 subfolders. My company is considering purchasing licenses but I can see this very quickly turning into a heaping pile o' files (as viewed from the Revit "Open" dialogue box.)

A360 for C4R.pngC4R to A360.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
matthew.d
in reply to: rnarracci

Hi @rnarracci,

Thanks for your feedback, I recommend voting up this idea for C4R subfolders visible in Revit. Here is also a workaround of how to access subfolders listed in A360 team in Revit. It consists of movomg the workshared file (once initiated) to subfolder in A360. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Also, up voting ideas helps them get attention and get implemented.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 3
rnarracci
in reply to: rnarracci

Hi Matthew,

Your workaround isn't really a workaround for the problem I described. I already used the A360 browser interface to create subdirectories and moved files into them. However, the Revit "Open" dialogue box simply doesn't see these subdirectories and instead, just shows me a pile of files. It's a huge problem and I have no idea why this problem exists. Directory trees are a basic tenet of any organizational system, be it paper card catalogues or operating systems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report