Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Revit Model to cloud issues

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jlabbeT2HT4
601 Views, 11 Replies

Adding Revit Model to cloud issues

Hi!

I am new to the world of cloud based worksharing and need some help. My company has purchased licenses for BIM 360 so that we can share our models with other users who are not on our server. My issue is this:

When I add a project to the BIM 360 Team everything goes well. When I follow the steps to add my model to the cloud, that project folder doesn't show up under select a project. I know im missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jayson.sterba
in reply to: jlabbeT2HT4

hi @jlabbeT2HT4,

Welcome to cloud worksharing! 

Getting started with Revit cloud worksharing in BIM 360 Teams.

I have linked a thorough guide of the getting started process. 

Can you please verify for me what version of Revit you are using? for teams it needs to be between 2015 and 2018.3

Also please verify that the email address associated with your Revit login, is the same user that has been invited to the teams project. 

Inviting users to BIM 360 Team

It is possible that the correct user is not logged into revit / been properly invited to the teams project. It is also possible that the account you have logged into Revit on does not have high enough permisisons. You would need to be assigned editor or admin privileges to upload. 

Jayson Sterba
Customer Programs Manager, Preconstruction
Message 3 of 12

If entitlements are properly set to your correct ID it is possible that you may need to do one of the following:

1) Sign out / Sign in in the upper right hand corner of Revit

2) Change the default hub in BIM 360 Team

3) You may need to install, or reinstall the Revit Cloud Worksharing add-in. 

Without having a default hub assigned Revit is not able to properly enumerate the available projects among the available hubs.

Jayson Sterba
Message 4 of 12
jayson.sterba

hi @jlabbeT2HT4,

I am just following up to see if you have had the chance to review the items I posted above and to see if they have resolved your issue or if you need further assistance with this.

Thank you and have a great day!

Jayson Sterba
Message 5 of 12
jlabbeT2HT4
in reply to: jayson.sterba

Hi,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I had to actually call Autodesk to solve this problem. Turns out it was because I activated the BIM 360 team under my name and not the contract manager's. Once we went through the set up again everything worked great! 

Message 6 of 12
jayson.sterba

hi @jlabbeT2HT4,

Glad to hear you got it set up!

Enjoy! and if you have any more questions with BIM 360 please feel free to post on the BIM 360 Forums 🙂

Have  a great day!

Jayson Sterba
Message 7 of 12
Kaitlyn

Hi Jason,

I was trying to upload a Revit 2019 project to collaborate in cloud before I can across this post.

I want to verify that it is not possible to workshare in Revit 2019 yet. 

If this is the case when does Revit plan to add a hotfix to allow users to upload a project and collaborate within the cloud?

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

Message 8 of 12
sasha.crotty
in reply to: Kaitlyn

Hi @Kaitlyn,

It is possible to initiate collaboration in Revit 2019. Note you'll have to set up a project in BIM 360 Document Management first (instead of BIM 360 Team). Revit 2019 uses Next Gen BIM 360 technology for creating projects. You can find more here.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Message 9 of 12
Kaitlyn
in reply to: sasha.crotty

Hi Sasha,

Thank you for your reply. I do not believe that we have 360 Document Management in our purchased package as it is not needed for collaboration on any of the previous versions of Revit. Is this something that we now have to purchase in addition to our current package or will the system soon be updated to allow us to collaborate using team?

Thanks,
Kaitlyn
Message 10 of 12
jayson.sterba

hi @Kaitlyn,

BIM 360 Teams is compatible only up to 2018.3, anything newer will only work on BIM 360 document management.

If you log into manage.autodesk.com do you have a subscription to BIM 360 design or just BIM 360 teams?

Thanks!

Jayson Sterba
Message 11 of 12
Kaitlyn

Hi @jayson.sterba

We do have a subscription to both BIM 360 design and BIM 360 teams.  

If this helps, our BIM 360 design says 'Subscription-Single User' as where the BIM 360 teams says 'Included'

I appreciate your help in figuring this out.

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

Message 12 of 12
jayson.sterba

hi @Kaitlyn,

BIM 360 design entitlements gives you access to BIM 360 docs, BIM 360 teams and Revit Cloud Worksharing. You just need to set up the BIM 360 docs account or see if you are a member of one. Can you please Direct message me your email address and I can look into it for you? If you have an administrator that handles your software management that would be good to have too.

Thanks!

Jayson Sterba

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report