Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Multiple Cloud Revit Models?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
shawn.leiker
464 Views, 5 Replies

Adding Multiple Cloud Revit Models?

So currently I'm trying to make this 2015 Revit model a cloud model so I don't have to periodically update for the other participants who I have added into the project. But currently I have a 2017 model of the same project that is a cloud model that did what I wanted it too. So now that I was forced to recreate the simple project in 2015 since they haven't moved up to 2017. So summary the 2017 model is a cloud and did it correctly but the 2015 won't let me make into a cloud model though I own the project that I created in A360 it won't even give me the drop down selection in "Collaborate/Collaborate on A360" It won't even give me the option to add it to this a360 project. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrettWright
in reply to: shawn.leiker

Hi Shawn,

Can you please confirm if you're talking about the Collaborate for Revit product here?

If so, i'll move over into that forum, but i want to make sure first.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6
shawn.leiker
in reply to: BrettWright

Yes I would say it's the collaboration model so like when you go to open then to the a360 it would show up in your projects list so yes solely a cloud model. Does that answer your question?

Message 4 of 6
BrettWright
in reply to: shawn.leiker

yes, thanks Shawn, i'll relocate this over in that Forum now for that team to assist further on your question.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 6

@shawn.leiker wrote:

So currently I'm trying to make this 2015 Revit model a cloud model so I don't have to periodically update for the other participants who I have added into the project. But currently I have a 2017 model of the same project that is a cloud model that did what I wanted it too. So now that I was forced to recreate the simple project in 2015 since they haven't moved up to 2017. So summary the 2017 model is a cloud and did it correctly but the 2015 won't let me make into a cloud model though I own the project that I created in A360 it won't even give me the drop down selection in "Collaborate/Collaborate on A360" It won't even give me the option to add it to this a360 project. 

Shawn,

It's not possible to have cloud workshared Revit models of multiple different major versions.  You need to create a new A360 project to contain the 2015 model.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6

Okay, that's what I was thinking was the issue but I just wanted to get a second opinion. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report