Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add multiple shared parameters to multiple families

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joao.martinsPXQ9Q
2199 Views, 3 Replies

Add multiple shared parameters to multiple families

Hello.

How can I add multiple shared parameters to multiple families at the same time using Revit 2017? I remember in Revit 2016 there was an Add-In that got the job done. I can’t seem to find that tool in REX2017.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
luna.ye
in reply to: joao.martinsPXQ9Q

Hi joao.martinsPXQ9Q,

Welcome to Autodesk forum!

I think you’re finding the "Shared Parameter Converter" for Revit 2017, right?

I’m sorry that the Shared Parameter Converter is not available for Revit 2017. This may be the improved of 2017 new feature Global Parameters. If you’d like to make a request for its continuation, please go to post the idea on the Revit Idea Station. This is a forum-like page where suggestions are publicly displayed and others can vote on ideas they would like to see implemente.

BTW, please try to find some third party Add-ins via Autodesk Apps Store if need.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
joao.martinsPXQ9Q
in reply to: luna.ye

Hi

I can’t click in “accept as solution” when the solution is it can’t be done.

In my opinion is unacceptable that Autodesk discontinues a functionality that was available in previous versions of Revit that everyone takes for granted without providing an alternative.

The way is to improve the functionalities that exist and add new ones and not the contrary.

The same goes for the new steel structural framing / column families. I have many hours invested in improving the previous families and when Revit 2017 is launched states that only certified families work with the new Advance Steel feature without explaining how can we update the previous ones.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
luna.ye
in reply to: joao.martinsPXQ9Q

Hi,

Thanks to the update. We apologize for the inconvenience about 2017 version. As I said above, about the "Shared Parameter Converter" feature, please go to post the idea on the Revit Idea Station.

About the certified families, please refer to this link, currently, the fabrication representation only works for the certified families. And families that are upgraded from old version do not work on Steel Connections as certified families in Revit 2017, because the certified family  has special "Section Name Key" parameter in properties. We need to replace the upgraded families to the identical certified families in Revit 2017. You can go to the Revit Roadmap to view our developmenting team’s plans.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report