Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring coordinates from design model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
521 Views, 3 Replies

Acquiring coordinates from design model

I have to make an as-build model for the piles executed on site.

Unfortunately, I am unable to set the as-build model as per the design model's coordinates.

The steps I'm following for accruing shared Coordinates are as follows:

1) in the As build model set the True north and then project base same as the one in the design model.

2) now link the design model and acquire the coordinates from the design model.

Now the problem is when I open the as-build model the survey points and the project base points are not in the sam position as in the design model.

Kindly suggest me any solution or point out the mistake in my procedure.

Many thanks;

Eli...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: Anonymous

It doesn't matter if they are not at the same position. What matters is if your model and desing model have the same coordinates values in chosen points.

Try reading (Spot Coordinates) in your model on (at least three) particular places, and then do the same thing on the same places in the design model. If the values are the same, everything is ok.

Have in mind:

When you aquiring coordinates from another model, your Project Base point and Survey point must both be unclipped. Clip them again after the "Aquire" command.

Tips:
Project base point represents the model. If it is uncliped, it can be moved freely undependant of the model. Otherwise it will move the model.

Survey point represents the world (or the land parcel). If it is unclipped, it can be moved freely undependan of the parcel (like you pull it out of the ground and walk around, ground stays where it is). If it is clipped you move the parcel (world), below the model (model stays where it is, while you move the parcel underneath it when you move clipped Survey point.

Hope it helps. If you already knew this, maybe somebody else will find it useful.  🙂

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

Thanks a lot, @Mirko.Jurcevic 

I think unclipping the points must be the case, this should make things easier.

I managed to link them both in the same position by the following method:

1) after acquiring the coordinates from the design model the coordinates of the as build model changed

2) I shifted the project base point of the as-build model to the desired position.

but it took me really long to do that as there was a level difference.

Any tip to keep the levels same when linking the models....

Message 4 of 4
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: Anonymous

Project base point is where your "zero" level is. It also keeps the information of the "real" elevation of the building.

Which means next:

if your project base point is clipped to the model, and you change the "Elevation" parameter value, the building will "move" vertically to this new value.

if your project base point is unclipped of the model, and you change the "Elevation" parameter value, it will move independently of the building and now your Level 0 (which has project elevation equal to zero) will be where your project base point is.

You should adjust elevation manually as I described above. Once you adjust it, that's it.

If your linked model is on the wrong place vertically, remove it from the project then link it again.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report