Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Projects not being recognized by Revit 2016

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kevin_s
499 Views, 8 Replies

A360 Projects not being recognized by Revit 2016

I'm not able to access or collaborate my projects with A360 from Revit 2016.  I believe I have the latest versions of Revit 2016 (SP2) and C4R (v2).  In Revit 2016, opening projects after clicking on A360 will not show any of my projects and if I try to Collaborate a Revit model, I get a message saying I cannot collaborate since I am not part of any project teams on A360.  The behavior is very similar to as if the user account does not have a C4R subscription.  I can say that is not the case since the subscription portal confrims the user name has a C4R subscription.  PLUS...there are no issues with either opening projects or collaborating projects in version 2015 using the same user name.

Any ideas/suggestions?  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dzanta
in reply to: kevin_s

I would check the following:

User has A360 C4R account access within Subscription

Username/Password is functioning properly

Project within Hub has user listed as a team member

Access A360 C4R on another computer with the username/password

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 9
kevin_s
in reply to: dzanta

User has A360 C4R account access within Subscription  - check.

Username/Password is functioning properly - check.

Project within Hub has user listed as a team member - check.

Access A360 C4R on another computer with the username/password - good idea, but same issue remains from another computer.

I don't understand why access to the project team is successful on Revit 2015, but not 2016.  I wouldn't think so but is the project team set up on A360 sensitive to a specific Revit version?  In other words does another project team need to be set up for version 2016?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
dzanta

It shouldn't be version specific. However, ideally you want your projects separated by version just in case someone accidentally saves a 2015 as a 2015.

Is this issue only occurring with 1 user account or several? Have you tried deleting the account user and recreating the user account?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 9
KyleB_Autodesk

Currently, C4R is sensitive for Revit file version.  If you were to create a new A360 Team project, it would show up in the Revit 2016 file browser.  Process for migrating between versions is documented here.

We know it is not the most efficient process, but we also know from much feedback that upgrading a project mid-cylce is uncommon.  As a result, we have not yet invested heavily in streamlining it.  Is this a practice you plan for many of your C4R projects?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
kevin_s
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

As an office, we do not encourage migrating to newer versions in the middle of a project.  This project is still early in the process and the team decided they wanted to migrate while it's fairly early.  (But if weeks go by, that window will get smaller.)

I am familair with the steps required for migrating and made it as far as creating a 2016 version of the project file ready to be collaborated to A360 in Revit 2016.  That's where we are stuck at the moment - Revit 2016 thinks we are not on any project teams on A360.  Therefore, no project team to upload our 2016 file to.

dzanta asked this question:

Is this issue only occurring with 1 user account or several? Have you tried deleting the account user and recreating the user account?

We only have two C4R licenses at the moment (and they both are currently in use) so we are a little limited with testing on several user accounts.  The reason for two seats is because one user here is collaborating with another user at one of our satellite offices in another state.  I've asked our satellite user to check the 2016 issue at his end but his schedule has put this on hold for a couple more days.  They currently have no issues using C4R in 2015.

Thanks for your responses.

Message 7 of 9
KyleB_Autodesk

@kevin_s wrote:

As an office, we do not encourage migrating to newer versions in the middle of a project.  This project is still early in the process and the team decided they wanted to migrate while it's fairly early.  (But if weeks go by, that window will get smaller.)

I am familair with the steps required for migrating and made it as far as creating a 2016 version of the project file ready to be collaborated to A360 in Revit 2016.  That's where we are stuck at the moment - Revit 2016 thinks we are not on any project teams on A360.  Therefore, no project team to upload our 2016 file to. 

Create a new A360 Team project and you should see it in the Revit 2016 interface.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
kevin_s
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle,

Sorry for the delay, it wasn't until yesterday we were able to get back into troubleshooting our issue.

A new project team was created and it showed up in Revit 2016.  We were then able to upload/collaborate our 2016 project model onto the cloud.  Such a simple solution I feel a little duped. Smiley Embarassed

I'm trying to see the logic of how the different Revit versions detect which project teams to provide for that specific version?  The new team we created for 2016 did not show up on the list of project teams in version 2015.  Similarly to our original issue of seeing the first project team in 2015 but not 2016.

Can you provide any insight on that?  Does A360 recognize the version of the first Revit model saved into the project folder?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
dzanta

for A360 C4R, any project started in 2015 holds and functions for team members assigned to that project.  If you have A360 C4R 2016 and try to open a 2015 project, it will not be visible, and vice versa.  To access 2015 project data in A360 C4R 2016, you need to create a new 2016 project and upgrade your data.

I assume this is by design to prevent accidentally upgrading a 2015 Revit model to a 2016 model in C4R

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report